DFI Ultra D

THEnumber337

Hello everyone,

I'm about to purchase a new heatsink for my CPU to replace the stock cooler and I am curious because since the Ultra D has the memory sockets on the bottom of the board instead of near the I/O ports like in the Expert or on the other side of the CPU socket can heatsinks such as the Zalman CNPS9500 be rotated so that instead of the fan blowing the air in the opposite direction of the RAM it can blow the air towards the back of the case and towards the I/O ports and the back case fan?

I apologize, I know I need to make a signature with my specifications in it and I will do so as soon as I have finished putting my computer together.

Thanks.

Thanks for your help! :)

I wrote up a small signature to hold me off until after I have put it all together and done some stress testing and overclocking. Do you think the information I've provided for now is enough for the time being?

Looks fine, but you should throw in what power supply you intend to use as that's an often overlooked component that is very important on these boards.

Check out the psu guide in my sig if you haven't already. ;)

Yeah, Dan's right on it being able to face any way you want. Though if you want it to blow the air up or down you'll have to get the mounting bar thing through the heatpipes which is a pain.

But for air out the back of the case, it's real easy, just unscrew the backplate put the heatsink on and then screw it back together with their mounting bar on top.

I have been looking at Zalman's website about it too. For some reason I thought that the way the Ultra D's socket is that it would make me go through the heatpipes to push air out the back but then I looked again and it should go just fine. I guess I got confused at first. :eek2: Thanks for your help!