New RAM compatability list?

I'm just wondering if there's a more recent RAM list, or whether or not the one in http://www.dfi.com.tw/Support/mb_faq_us1.j...TYPE=US&SITE=US has been updated over the years (it's dated in '04). I'm looking at getting some new RAM and not sure what to get. Thank you for your help!

• 2 weeks later...

Enthusiast, your sig says your a64 3000+ runs @ 2.6 ghz "out of the box". And you haven't even 'oced it?!? How did you manage that? And your memory is at 2-3-2-5 1T? Those are pretty tight timings for that procccesor with 2 gigs of ram. What's your secret?

Enthusiast, your sig says your a64 3000+ runs @ 2.6 ghz "out of the box". And you haven't even 'oced it?!? How did you manage that? And your memory is at 2-3-2-5 1T? Those are pretty tight timings for that procccesor with 2 gigs of ram. What's your secret?

Its called the 166 divider. Do the math

Its called the 166 divider. Do the math

1st of all, i wasn't asking you. No need to be rude.

2nd, i was only wondering because i was looking it this http://www.techpowerup.com/cpudb/index.php.

And it has the last socket 754 processor as being the 3700+, which runs at stock (out of the box) @ 2.4 ghz. I'm having trouble 'ocing my 3400 clawhammer past 2.5 and was curious as to how his proccesor comes out of the box already clocked at 2.6.

I asked specifically about the out of the box 2.6 socket 754 proccesor.

Correction; the amd64 4000+ was the last socket 754 cpu made. It's rated at 2.6@stock. And that's the mobile version.

1st of all, i wasn't asking you. No need to be rude.

2nd, i was only wondering because i was looking it this http://www.techpowerup.com/cpudb/index.php.

And it has the last socket 754 processor as being the 3700+, which runs at stock (out of the box) @ 2.4 ghz. I'm having trouble 'ocing my 3400 clawhammer past 2.5 and was curious as to how his proccesor comes out of the box already clocked at 2.6.

I asked specifically about the out of the box 2.6 socket 754 proccesor.

I'm sure he means that right after popping it in the socket he OC'ed it to 2.6Ghz.

AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3000+ Venice (Boxed)OPN:

ADA3000AIK4BX [email protected] (oUToFtHebOX) :rolleyes:

I guess my response to Enthusiests post needs some clarifying. Everyone who has 'oced with these boards knows it's no picknick or walk in the park. It takes a lot of work, changes, testing, failures, succeses, more testing and lot and lots of patience. It's a very finicky board that does NOT like fast changes, and will let you know with a nice BSOD. I have found that my individual proccesor is not a good 'oc'er for some reason. I can't even get memtest to respond to my commands, even though it runs fine by itself and i can summon the menu. I have the latest version on floppy and burnt correctly to cd. So something is wrong with my cpu that none of the tesing programs are picking up on, as it does the same thing on my old asus board.

Now, back to my point...I am not trying to slam him for his obvious mistake in saying his cpu does 2.6 oUToFtHebOX, I'm just pointing it out so people that don't have experience 'ocing with this board don't just go straight from installing it and 'ocing it to toaster heaven.

By the way enthusiest...do you mind me asking where you got your cpu from? I would like to purchase one as well. ;)

Respectfully,

jaz