Ram Problems 2x512

i personally think if cpuz recognizes all your ram and your computer "feels" faster everything is good to go regardless of what windows or the bios displays.

There would be a big "feel" difference between 512 and 1gig? my computer feels really nice at the min, a oc'ed sempron is much more reponsive than a stock one. Im happy with my setup at the min so who care if i have 1 gig? its far better than it was :) Btw i think you are right, it is using 1 gig even tho memtest and windows says it isnt.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

put your memory in slots 2 & 4 or orange slots

Edit sorry my bad slots 1 & 3

then make sure you give that corsair 2.75 v

these boards are bullet proof BUT they don't like auto settings

haha dont worry :)

They are in 1-3 and the volts are 2.7, i will try 2.75. cheers for the help chaps

Maybe the 2 sticks just aren't running right at each others Cas latency and timings, and what ever you set one at the other wont do it. You could give them some more juice as wil said although the 250Gb only goes up in increments of 0.1v so 2.75v would have to be 2.8v and I don't know how much voltage they would take before they would get damaged so be careful there. 400w and 20 Amps is probably just above the minimum power for this board, you might run into problems later with the PSU you have.

But everyone will tell you bro that these boards don't run that well with cheap RAM, Some have been lucky enough to get rare value ram that clocks good.

but the majority of us had to replace the RAM, myself included.

Hope your in the lucky section. 512Mb would be horrible these days as now 1Gb is becoming more and more the minimum requirement for RAM in games n such. Good luck to yee

Cheers Branjo for the tip. I will see how it goes, i will be pretty pished if i have to upgrade the ram. It was suppose to be a cheap upgrade so if that is the case i should have just upgraded the whole thing. Im dloading call of duty 2 as we speak, if that plays well i will be pretty happy.

Please help! its doing my swede in :( ive searched and searched but i seem to be the only person to have ever had this problem?!? if you know anything about ram timings or anything that may help please give me a shout.. lovey long time :)

that ram don't have heat spreaders on them. look and write here what it says on the chips and let me know all get you some timings. but if them sticks have different chips on them. there not a hole lot that can be done. you can put them on a divider and run them as close to 200 as you can and maybe get lucky

that ram don't have heat spreaders on them. look and write here what it says on the chips and let me know all get you some timings. but if them sticks have different chips on them. there not a hole lot that can be done. you can put them on a divider and run them as close to 200 as you can and maybe get lucky

They are both corsair but have different chip names. The timings are 2.5, 3, 3, 8, t2... and as you know the other has CAS3... I can only set the divider at the first one (gives me 156mhz) they are pc3200 btw. If i change the divider i get the old "detecting Raid" or something. Is there another way i can make it higher? without changing the divider? cheers again for the help.

btw i did a clear cmos and it still ran at 512 which was running at 200mhz... not a good sign hey?

Ok chaps cheers for the help but these two rams together are not going to work. Could you help me buy some ram? say if i went for a stick of cheap 1gig ram (same as this stuff) would that work as one gig or would still be problems? if not could you advise me on cheap stuff that would work... cheers

also would it be better running one stick or 2x512? im not running them at great timings, its mainy for gaming.

2 x 512mb would be better then a 1gb stick, as to brands well I have only this Corsair XMS to advise from, It has been rock solid for me but if I had the spare cash I would buy some G.Skill or OCZ but a good pair can be expensive.

I really couldn't advise anyone to go for Cheap RAM as most times its hit or miss, mostly miss. I would check the for sale section here and you are bound to find a good set of sticks for a hell of a lot less than it would be in the UK.

You might get lucky on eBay but the memory prices really are no different than retail is here, and when you add on the crazy postage they charge, enough said.