What mouse do you use?

pikachinks

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest RohypnoL

Razer Copperhead w/ Exactmat on Speed Side. I plan on buying a Mantis pad soon, though, because the exactmats wear out a lot.

Guest mori-kun

I use a cheap as hell Labtec optical...like $8 or so.....because im tired of braking my mice =_= ....need a new keyboard though xD ...most of the letters etc have worn off xD

Logitech MX510

but I'm gonna shop for a new mouse soon, and it won't be a Logitech (I refuse to ever buy anything Logitech again)

Happy_Games, what do you have against logitech? (not being a troll, I'm curious)

I've got nothing but nice things to say about their mice/keyboards, well mice mostly. Their customer service is reasonable too. I purchased the first gen (green/grey) logitech G7 mouse, and it didn't work at all on my funcpad mouse surface, call them up, and they shipped me a new one (second gen thats "carbon fiber"/black) and it works fine on my mouse surface, and I didn't have to send back the old "broken" one..

I also am curious. I have had pretty good luck with Logitech, the only problems I have had was a faulty charger on my first MX700 (the batteries leaked everywhere and the mouse got so hot it melted), and my brother's MX900/bluetooth keyboard combo is utter junk - just yesterday the keyboard stopped working altogether and the mouse has always had intermittent connection problems. (though my MX700/wireless keyboard combo has been really great)

I like the MX1000 Bluetooth. Great mouse, no cords, no lag, and lots of buttons. Very smooth scroll wheel. A little light, but quick and responsive. And with the latest setpoint release, the bluetooth implementation is finally bang-on. No more 30-50% CPU utlilization when moving the mouse!

I also have the G5 and MX518, and while the G5 has the best overall feel (and is customizeable), the lack of a second side button is frustating. I also admit to never really using the DPI selection button on the G5. I set it at medium and leave it. And the customizeable weight feature, while cool, was only exciting for about a day, after which I found my ideal weight and haven't touched it since.

I used to play with the Razer Copperhead, but the size and ergonomics didn't work for me. The contoured main buttons feel like butter, and the texture is beautiful, but the overall size and angle hurt my wrists. However everyone is different (and has a different desk setup), so it's worth a try as it was a really nice mouse.

I'm also looking forward to trying the new Logitech Revolution MX and the MS/Razer Habu. Both form factors look to be really nice.