my opteron 165 (CCBWE) 0551vpmw

scottydog

I too bought a 165 from newegg because of the ccbbe buzz. The one I recieved was the dreaded 165 CCBWE 0551vpmw which came from the CA warehouse. I didn't even open the package and requested an RMA for an exchange which is one the of main reasons I buy from newegg. They want to make you happy. The exchange cpu was an excellent ccbbe 0617fpmw from the NJ warehouse. Many have hit 3Ghz with this chip. I have to wait a few days till X-mas to give the chip a try at an OC.

That's dishonest.. if it's rated to run at 1.8GHz, and runs perfectly fine at 1.8GHz, then there's no problem with it.

I received that stepping from the Cali warehouse.. couldn't get it to go 2.6GHz with 1.5v. Sold it to a friend and went to Fry's and got a CCBBE 0615DPMW. At first I thought it sucked (2.6GHz with 1.45v) but then I ran Memtest and saw that my Ballistix would get constant errors when running at stock speeds..

That's dishonest.. if it's rated to run at 1.8GHz, and runs perfectly fine at 1.8GHz, then there's no problem with it.

I received that stepping from the Cali warehouse.. couldn't get it to go 2.6GHz with 1.5v. Sold it to a friend and went to Fry's and got a CCBBE 0615DPMW. At first I thought it sucked (2.6GHz with 1.45v) but then I ran Memtest and saw that my Ballistix would get constant errors when running at stock speeds..

How is it dishonest? I never opened it, and I marked in the rma, which is one of the options, "unsatisfied", which according to their guidelines, is a valid reason for an RMA. I did nothing wrong. You may think otherwise, but I followed their rules.

I live in siwtzerland and the opty 165 i saw online are jackhammer cores are these good at ocing?

There is no such core as 'Jackhammer.' You probably mean Clawhammer, and that's not a single core processor (based on 130nm specs).