Half-Life 2 - Game of the year EDITION

old_geekster

Steam is no issue really.

Weekly updates to whatever games you have..

A few adverts and the front page has turned into a shopfront... but no big thing. Just ensure it doesn't load on start-up unless you play regular and are happy for it to update (every Friday i think) on its own.

Lp

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I did it. I signed up with "Steam".

I played H-F 2 for a bit to see what I thought and it appears to be okay. I still am not excited about logging-in every time I want to play a game, but it seems like I don't have to use any disk. This is a plus, if it is the case.

Thanks to all for your input.:)

As long as it doesn't cost me more dinero (money), I guess I'll give it a try. I'll get good off-line, then, go for the gusto on-line.

no you wont, youll get competant offline learning from bots and computer ai and when you play people itll be a rough lesson :P play online.. ive played online fps's for the last 10 years and a guarentee online against people is the best way to learn for some of these games :D

edit* and no you dont ever need the disc, ever. even if you format, as long as you have your key, you can download steam off a website if you want, input your key, and haver access to all your games etc

What you're supposed to do with any device that you disagree with the TOS/EULA and isn't presented to you until after you purchase it, is to call up/send it back to the manufacturer (with a copy of the receipt) and get a refund.

Since its opened software, there is 0 chance that a retail store will take it back for a refund, even if you say you don't wish to comply with their EULA.

No, I'm not pulling this stuff out of my butt. I recently asked my friend that passed her bar exam a similar question, and that was the response.

I didn't really care for Steam in the beginning, but was glad for it when I discovered one of my HL2 install discs would no longer work. With Steam knowing that I purchased a copy, I was able to download the game through it after my last clean install.

Guest RohypnoL

Man.. I can't believe you're JUST getting HL2! I had that on preorder forever and I was a CSS beta tester, too. It was a really good game and I think you'll like it. If you do and want more like I did, pick Episode 1 up.

Man.. I can't believe you're JUST getting HL2! I had that on preorder forever and I was a CSS beta tester, too. It was a really good game and I think you'll like it. If you do and want more like I did, pick Episode 1 up.

I am not rich like all of you younguns!:D

Being retired, I wait for the price to get to $30 or less. They are still new games to me. The disks don't look any different at that price than at $50.:rolleyes:

I have now taken all of your advice. I joined "Steam" and have begun to learn the ins and outs. I even learned how to set it up to play off-line. This saves logging in all of the time.

Thanks for your help!

Guest RohypnoL

lol I know it's contradictory to what I said about the PS3, but HL2 was the only game that I've ever pre-ordered in my whole life. It's the only ANYTHING I've ever preordered. I bought the collector's edition for 80, + my preorder was 10 bucks and shipping was another 10.