evga step up question

Not a chance. You'll even still pay shipping.

Fair in my opinion, given the deal in the first place.

I've never been in the top of the hill race when it comes to processors, video cards. The 7950GX2 is a fantastic VC. I'm just wondering if it might be a wise decision to use the stepup option now. Even if I waited 6 or more months the 7950GX2 will still be a top performer and worth some good $ used and with the waterblock more $ a future 8800's series upgrade would not hurt to much.

I've never been in the top of the hill race when it comes to processors, video cards. The 7950GX2 is a fantastic VC. I'm just wondering if it might be a wise decision to use the stepup option now. Even if I waited 6 or more months the 7950GX2 will still be a top performer and worth some good $ used and with the waterblock more $ a future 8800's series upgrade would not hurt to much.

True, but the 8800s are better....really depends on what your needs are though. I can't imagine a better card (or one that much better) than the 8800 series to come out within the next couple months, so I'd take advantage of it now. If you can get a new GTX for little to no cost, I'd definitely go for it.

Well, I got my GTS' yesterday. I sold them today.

I honestly don't game enough to warrant the cost. If I game once a week that's doing pretty good.

At this point my GPA is more important than playing games...

So I'll upgrade to DX10 before next summer, but otherwise, I'm content with this GTX.

You likely won't get them both at the same time. There is probably still a long line for the 8800 series, and to be fair to everybody else that wants one they'll probably just give you one now, then one a couple weeks from now.