one 120mm fan where should i put it

With the stock Aluminus setup, you'd be better off using the fan as a rear exhaust. When you get your hands on the case, you'll see that the HD cage blocks at least 50% of the intake air from the front mount, so a fan in the front mount is actually more useful for cooling the HD than anything else. There is a considerable amount of restriction before air actually gets to the MB in this case.

A rear exhaust fan will help pull cool air into the case from the two ports in the clear side window, which are right over the CPU area (on normal MB's!) and the graphics card area.

I used a Scythe "Kama Bay" in the upper 5.25" bays of my Aluminus to mount a 2nd front intake fan push cool air directly towards the MB. I get nice temps on my PWMIC and chipset area with this setup! (PWMIC = 34-36C avg, chipset = 38-40C avg.)

Ordered an ultra- aluminus case. I have 1 120mm fan , the case has two options front or back , where is it better to put the fan atm? ?

Do yourself a HUGE favor and just buy another 120 and mount one in the front and one in the back. You'll be glad you did. Going with just one will just yield frustration.

Mr. Novi

I got the case today pretty fast shipping ordered it Saturday. They sent it out on Monday. Yes the front 120mm fan bay blocks definitely more than %50 of airflow. That scythe kama bay is nice though it is more than my case cost. Right now I got one 120mm fan as exhaust and I hooked the side panel up with the 80mm as an intake (the one that normally has a duct) and where the grate is I attached an 80mm as an exhaust. haven't put the side panel on yet though.

I want some UV cathodes even though my board is not reactive and a uv pen so I can right a message like "Matt's Rig is On" somewhere inside the case and it would only light up when the rig is on

So, how do you like the case so far? (Outside of the front blockage)

Which color did you get? The finish on these cases is very nice, especially at the prices people like you are picking them up for! (I bought mine earlier this year, not long after they came out.)

Got mine for $25 after rebate. $80-$60 rebate +$5 for OnRebates No Wait

Anyways It's silver and it's a nice case. Very tall for a mid case. I wish the mobo tray was slide out but it's still removable so that's nice. Can't complain at the price I got it for.

Positives

- Drive rails for external 5.25" & 3.5" bays

- Rubber gromits on 3.5" internal bays to lower hard drive vibration

- 120mm exhaust fan

- Lightweight

- Ultra Logo'd Drive Cover Plate

- Feels Roomy for Mid-Size

- Amount of bays (5 5.25", 2 3.5" external, 5 3.5" internal)

- Windowed side panel is large and in charge

- 3.5" USB,FireWire, and front panel audio&mic (also includes adapter to be used in 5.25" bay)

Negatives

- Front 120mm intake fan is blocked by more than 50%, probably turns a 120mm fan to a 60mm

- Back of case is flimsy (near I/O Plate & pci slots)

Yeah, you got a great deal on the case!

Mine's silver too - "look ma, no fingerprints!" (I've heard from guys who have the black ones that even though the paint's shiny and gorgeous, they spend a lot of time wiping off fingerprints!)