How is a FX 55 CABNE?

bchivers

Just got a FX 55 CABNE 0524TPMW is this a good stepping or is it RMA?

How is this ram(Team Xtreem Cronus 3-3-3-8 PC4000 Micron) I see it is in the recommended guide but I have never heard of it? It will be going into a Opteron 165.

Just got a FX 55 CABNE 0524TPMW is this a good stepping or is it RMA?

What is it you are actually asking? RMA? What does a good stepping have to do with RMAing? If this stepping is not a good overclocker you would try to RMA it? :confused: That's a little scandalous in my opinion... :rolleyes:

But... I think the FX 55 I got from the Egg a few weeks ago, with the 250 gig drive, was this stepping. I got is 3d stable at 3G with about 1.5 volts but can't seem to get it prime stable. Fails almost instantly with any voltage up to 1.6+ and gets warm there also.

What is it you are actually asking? RMA? What does a good stepping have to do with RMAing? If this stepping is not a good overclocker you would try to RMA it?
If I haven't opened it or installed it and it was a poor stepping I would exchange for another one. It's the same as if I bought something from Wal-mart and got it home and it wasn't what I expected I would exchange it or get a refund . Almost all of us have done this.

If I haven't opened it or installed it and it was a poor stepping I would exchange for another one. It's the same as if I bought something from Wal-mart and got it home and it wasn't what I expected I would exchange it or get a refund . Almost all of us have done this.

I have to call you on that one... If you goto wally world and bought, what... deoderant, a TV, streo, game, condoms, cigs, beer... you would know what you are buying, and when you got home, what... If you got home and the tv wouldn't turn on, the beer was flat, the condoms... :shake: Then you could and should take it back, but this is totally different. You bought a cpu, and got a cpu. AMD isn't making an "overclocking" chip, they make chips... If your's doesn't happen to be a "good" overclocking chip that is not their problem and they, nor the egg or the fly should have to lose out on what ever money they used to get the chip, stock the chip, sell, ship, tech support to give you an RMA and then restock the chip cause your's wasn't a "good" overclocker. They only sold you a chip. (yes I know AMD doesn't do any of the above, the retailer is the one who'll lose out) Now, if you got it off eBay and the seller said "Best overclocking stepping" and it was a "ccbwe" dually... then, since we all know the ccbwe's suck to OC, I have two, then I'd say you have every right to return it. The seller sold you "Best overclocking stepping", when obviously it isn't...

Now, maybe I should have asked this first... Do you plan on paying the restocking fee were you to RMA this chip? If so, disregard the above rant... if not... This is the exact reason why retailers have it. To pay for all the work they did to get whatever product and get it to you. The RMA process is for disfunctional products... I hope almost everyone here hasn't and wouldn't do this... Maybe a good poll... :rolleyes:

What would you do if the chip you got in exchange for the first one was also a bad stepping?

What you say is true I won't argue with that.

After I made this post I googled it (I should have done this first), didn't come up with a whole lot but I didn't find anything negative either so I installed it. If I had discovered that it "sucked" then yes I would have sent it back for a replacement, it would have went back unopened and unused and if the seller required a restocking fee which I would expect under the circumstances I would pay it. :)

What is it you are actually asking? RMA? What does a good stepping have to do with RMAing? If this stepping is not a good overclocker you would try to RMA it? :confused: That's a little scandalous in my opinion... :rolleyes:

But... I think the FX 55 I got from the Egg a few weeks ago, with the 250 gig drive, was this stepping. I got is 3d stable at 3G with about 1.5 volts but can't seem to get it prime stable. Fails almost instantly with any voltage up to 1.6+ and gets warm there also.

I was also at 3.0Ghz with my opteron 148 and also could never get prime95 , sp2004, to be stabel S&M Overclocking programe is the best as far as im concerned ...

Mine is not stabel When i Overclock my mem but everyother program says i am and none of my opteron cpus ever tested unstable in my life on my (Mem)

and if u can run 3DMark05 When Mem Is Overclocked you will be fine... but prob can ocure later in time nothing to bad mabey just got to change some numbers

What you say is true I won't argue with that.

After I made this post I googled it (I should have done this first), didn't come up with a whole lot but I didn't find anything negative either so I installed it. If I had discovered that it "sucked" then yes I would have sent it back for a replacement, it would have went back unopened and unused and if the seller required a restocking fee which I would expect under the circumstances I would pay it. :)

How Good Is The Cpu?

How Good Is The Cpu?

Haven't had time to play with it much and haven't done much reading on OC'ing yet but what I have tried so far is set my ram to 2-4-4-8@500mhz multiplier at 14 and raised cpu voltage to 1.45v. I have been able to run a 2900mhz at 2950 I get crashes.

CABNEs are generally considered the best stepping for OCing, with CABYE next in line. My FX-55 is a CABCE (about 3rd or 4th on the list), and I run mine stable at 3.03GHZ, with superpi runs at 3.09. Keep playing with that chip - you may have a good one on your hands :)

CABNEs are generally considered the best stepping for OCing, with CABYE next in line. My FX-55 is a CABCE (about 3rd or 4th on the list), and I run mine stable at 3.03GHZ, with superpi runs at 3.09. Keep playing with that chip - you may have a good one on your hands :)

Thanks, I will as soon as I learn how. Glanced at the OC'ing guide will have to study on it some more in my spare time.