How is a FX 55 CABNE?

bchivers

Thanks, I will as soon as I learn how. Glanced at the OC'ing guide will have to study on it some more in my spare time.

Study a lot + really study the RAM timings guide. Pick yourself up a notebook and pencil, and have the patience to tinker with just a setting or two at a time. Learning to set your RAM up properly will go a long ways in getting that chip to sing :cool:

Study a lot + really study the RAM timings guide. Pick yourself up a notebook and pencil, and have the patience to tinker with just a setting or two at a time. Learning to set your RAM up properly will go a long ways in getting that chip to sing :cool:

I will, thanks for the advice. Do people here get on you about your Ultra X-Connect X2. I had one and every time I had a problem the first thing they say was get rid of the X-Connect so I finally did. I know they had troubles with the first generation but I thought they had them fixed for the X-Connect X2. I read some good reviews on it before I bought it. Found a good deal on the OCZ so I bought it, don't want to take any chances. :)

I will, thanks for the advice. Do people here get on you about your Ultra X-Connect X2. I had one and every time I had a problem the first thing they say was get rid of the X-Connect so I finally did. I know they had troubles with the first generation but I thought they had them fixed for the X-Connect X2. I read some good reviews on it before I bought it. Found a good deal on the OCZ so I bought it, don't want to take any chances. :)

LOL - Yeah, a couple ppl have slagged me for having it. The typical jerks that are more interested in saying something rude from the safety of their internet connection + increasing their post count - with no real help towards your actual issue. I'm sure you've seen the type. I've had nothing but success with a pair of their PSUs - including the X-Connect 500 watt first generation. I still have that PSU - it used to power most of what's in my rig. I have to admit that I've been really lucky when it comes to PC parts, so I may have dodged a bullet or two. I'm swapping out my GTXs for a pair of GTOs, and for pece of mind, I picked up one of those TT 250 watt 5.25" bay VGA PSUs. I do run four Raptors long with a heavily OCed chip, so I figured it might be time to add a little juice. That OCZ you have is a sweet unit. Probably the route I'll go, if the time ever comes.

I believe they were sincere in what they were saying, I didn't want to take a chance so I bought one at Tiger Direct for $99 after rebate until 11-15.http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/Se...4&Sku=O261-2005

I'm assuming you're talking about "them being sincere" in your situation. Trust me, they were being dicks when it came to mine. Stuff like RAM timing questions, and getting responses to "lose the **** X-Connect." What did that have to do with my post? Nothing - just an opportunity to increase the post count, and hop on somebody else's bandwagon, so they could attempt to be cool. Anyway - sweet deal on the OCZ. I think I'll take a look at that one - thanx for the link!

Thanx again for that link - I pulled the trigger. Think I'll move the X-connect to my LAN machine. Things will shape up like this:

Home Machine

Opty 154

2 GBs Corsair pc3500LL

DFI Expert

2x evga 7900 GTOs

OCZ Gamestream 700 watt

4x74 GB WD Raptors

X-Fi Extreme Music

Plextor 712sa

My current watercooling (replacing Apogee with the Storm)

Lan Machine

FX55

2 GBs Corsair pc3200 XMS

DFI Expert

2x XFX 7800GTXs (with the GTO coolers)

X-Connect 2 550 watt

TT 250 watt 5.25 PSU

WD 120 PATA

Asus DVD ROM

and I'll sell my black Hiper Type R 580 that was in the LAN machine - which will probably pay for the Gamestream (ppl love those Hipers on eBay!)

Dude - thanx again for the link!

Your welcome. Nice rig, I have been trying to find one of those evga 7900 GTO with 512mb ram but there almost impossible to find without costing an arm and a leg.

Yeah, it's pretty crazy - you can find them for more than a 7900GTX on ebay. Definitely the hot unit right now, that is - at least until tomorrow :)

I think I got pretty lucky in a couple of ways. I just happened to be cruising the Egg, and saw the price, so I pulled up a bunch of reviews, forum threads, and OCing results - and decided to go for it, after doing about an hour of reading. They were OOS the next morning. Good timing. Also, you hear about weak RAM OCing, and stuff like that - but I'm running mine at better than 7900GTX timings, on stock cooling - so I think I got lucky again. Can't wait to put them on water - and see those 37* load temps :) Thanx again!