Evga 8800gtx Must See

Darkorb

The "right" cooling?

I'd be much more interested in seeing the tests run on a processor people might actually have, and at a speed that they might run it at. Like a 3GHz FX-60 or a 3.5GHz Conroe/Allendale.

If I can get the time tonight or tomorrow I'll post results at 3024MHz which is the same as my OCDB entry with a x1900xt.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No tweaking or overclocking. All normal background programs running. All I did was take the card out of the box, installed it and the drivers. Computer and Graphics Card settings in FEAR set on Maximum.

fear1pt8.png

@ Praz

What resolution were running the FEAR bench mark at ?

With the settings at maximum/maximum I believe it defaults to 1024. Where it should start showing something is at higher resolutions. I'll run some this weekend at 1680. It's amazing how smooth games like Flight X and Company of Heroes run with all settings maxed out at 1680.

It's amazing how smooth games like Flight X and Company of Heroes run with all settings maxed out at 1680.

That would be very impressive that COH running at that high resolution and being smooth with all settings maxed. I let the game set itself up on my rig. Some settings are on high, some ultra and some medium. I run the game at 16x12, with SFR. The game looks gorgeous. On the in-game bench, Max frames = 85, Min= 24, Ave = 46. The game itself runs very smooth. From what I have read, the 8800's really start to well at resolutions >16x12. Let us know how COH looks/runs at 1680 !

On the in-game bench, Max frames = 85, Min= 24, Ave = 46. The game itself runs very smooth. From what I have read, the 8800's really start to well at resolutions >16x12. Let us know how COH looks/runs at 1680 !

COH kickin some serious butt. Resolution set at 1680x1050. All in-game settings set at their maximum levels. Now here's the good part. AA/AF set to 16X in the driver. How it looks is really subjective. To my eyes my x1900xt doesn't come close.

cohxxkf9.png

AA/AF set to 16X in the driver.

Have you got AF set to 16x ?? or AA and AF set to 16x ?

How it looks is really subjective.

With the screen shot of the in-game bench results, it has to look very sweet!

And at stock clocks to boot ! Very sweet. Also glad to see that your GXS 700 is handling the power chores handily as well. Good to see that your Opty @ 3G is not a bottleneck. I had figured that since the highest my monitor goes is 16x12, I would be cpu bottlenecking that vid card.