New Opty 165

Slagathor

CCBBE 0616XPMW

Anybody have any experience with the date on this stepping????

Hopeing to get a bit better then the 2.6 mine is running at 1.5 vcore....

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CCBBE 0616XPMW

Anybody have any experience with the date on this stepping????

Hopeing to get a bit better then the 2.6 mine is running at 1.5 vcore....

haven't seen that one around yea, but I can with confidence tell you that it will perform decent and mostlikely it will impress you. any opteron chip with "CCBBE 06*" are very good overclocker and i look forward to seeing your OCDB entry in the future.. now

get to work and start priming that sucka! :P

I've had one of these optys for about 10 days and it is happy at the settings you see in my sig.

That's some low voltage you've got there for 2.9+GHz.

When you say it's "happy" do you mean it is capable of running dual instance of StressPrime (or Prime95) for 8+ hours or that it simply hasn't crashed during typical usage?

PS: I'm aware that I'm being quite anal here but many consider an overclock only successful if the CPUs have been suitably stressed over an extended period. My 0617 Opteron will run dual StressPrime instances over 8+ hours at 1.54V but occasionally one instance fails (always the same core). If I bump it to 1.595V it will always pass this test and I've even had it running 28+ hours.

Last weekend I dual primed for 10 hours before I quit with these settings. Above these settings I have to push the voltage quite a bit to get more out of it. I was hopping for 3.0 GHz but even at 1.5v I couldn't get there. I'm pretty happy though it replaces a Venice 3500+ at 2.54 GHz.

Got it in, so far 2.6 with default vcore.

I am using Super Pi 32meg runs on each core for right now, when it errors I will bump the vcore a tad then run 2x Prime95's for 10-12 hours.....

EDIT:

The cores are also closer to each other then the other Opty, 2-3°C as compaired to 5-10°C....

EDIT:

Up to 2.8 on default vcore. Still using Super Prime to do quick checks.....

Last weekend I dual primed for 10 hours before I quit with these settings. Above these settings I have to push the voltage quite a bit to get more out of it. I was hopping for 3.0 GHz but even at 1.5v I couldn't get there. I'm pretty happy though it replaces a Venice 3500+ at 2.54 GHz.

Thanks for following up my comment. There is a BIG OC difference in being stress-stable over an extended period and merely being capable of achieving a CPU clock speed.

Nice OC on such low volts though. Should be capable of 3.0GHz at 1.595-1.6V

• 1 month later...

Anyone with this stepping having any luck? There are few here claiming to reach 2.9GHz but no entries to compare. I can find only one OCDB entry with a CCBBE 0616XPMW. Seems he did the same and found limit at stock volts.

I'm running 3Dmarks and will have an entry soon. I'm running "AUTO" settings on CPU, just to see my limit at stock voltages (311*9). :)

Anyone with this stepping having any luck? There are few here claiming to reach 2.9GHz but no entries to compare. I can find only one OCDB entry with a CCBBE 0616XPMW. Seems he did the same and found limit at stock volts.

I'm running 3Dmarks and will have an entry soon. I'm running "AUTO" settings on CPU, just to see my limit at stock voltages (311*9). :)

So far so good. I'm running mine at 312*9 (2.8 GHz) at 1.5v with stock cooler, and it's not hot at all. I do have a spare 90mm fan lying on top of the stock cooler which is helping temps greatly. I plan to really push it once I have watercooling. All in all I'd say it's a good stepping, and I'm fairly confident I'll be able to hit 3 GHz fairly easily with watercooling and possibly a nekkid core.

I didn't find my limit at stock volts, however; raising the voltage seemed to help. I was able to hit 2.9 GHz but it wasn't stable, and I didn't want to raise the voltage any more with stock cooling.