Cpu Temps Arestill Too High!

emissary

okay, taking your side pannel off can actually be detrimental. Air flow from front to back in the case (same amount of air in as out) is key to good cooling. My general rule is to have the same # of fans in the front of the case blowing air IN as the number of fans blowing OUT. Also putting fans such as tornadoes or TT smart case fans in one end with regular casefans at the other can cause serious heat problems.

Heatsink wise, an all copper HS is not as good as some people believe. If you took chemistry in HS think back to the thermal properties of copper. Sure it'll pull the heat off the cpu better than aluminum, however it starts acting as an insulator at a certain point. Aluminum will not pull heat off the chip as well, however it will disipate it into the surrounding air much better. I have always tried to go with a inlayed copper slug (not a copper base pad screwed onto the rest of the HS) with LARGE aluminum fins. the thermal take volcano 9 is a prime example of this type of heatsink.

If you are running an Nforce2 board subtract about 12 degrees C from your readings.

Huh?! What do you mean?

Just curious, I'm running an Nforce2 board...

my calibrated adjustment in MBM5 is +12C to make it match my BIOS.

QUOTE (tomd11 @ Nov 20 2003, 04:52 PM)

If you are running an Nforce2 board subtract about 12 degrees C from your readings.

Depends on the board and the bios. My NF7-S reads the temps right, but my GA-7N400Pro2 reads the exact same processor with the exact same fan/hs around 12C higher.