AMD/ATI or Nvidia/Intel which one ?

Modivated1

Ok, AMD and Ati had a news confrence with it's investors and one of their claims for the future were that while Nvidia is building their Mobo architecture to support only their SLI they were shooting for an open platform where you can still utilize SLI tech on a AMDATI mobo. They are currently designing intel boards as well for those of you who like intel over Amd or just want the current best cpu available, but though they are willing to make a R600 board for intel it seems none of the vendors are picking up the chipset for the intel chipset therefore it is probly safe to say that there will be no duel card support for ATi on any Intel board from R600 on.

My opinion about this is if they can indeed acompish this it makes AMDATI mobo's a more viable choice, if they could keep Intel on board then their boards would be the only choice. If they can come out with clearly dominant GPU/Duel GPU/ and Mobo tech then they can force Intel to come back around. Unfortunately in this case the AMDATI alliance has forced two somewhat bitter rivals to team up together and Nvidia is a worthy competitor so my assertion of the last possiblity will likely not happen.

For the short term the question becomes whether you want the better cpu or the better gpu( I think that Ati has the GPU sown up and the R600 will turn what is now a small crack into a small to medium gap), if you go with AMDATI mobo's then you will only be able to use a AMD cpu but if you choose a Nvidia chipset you can use both cpu's but only one gpu( Nvidia's )chipset. This topic is focusing on now to the time where AMD releases their new quadcore chipset which will likely one up the core2 duo( although I suspect that they will be much closer in ability then as compared to the leap frogging the industry has been doing lately) at that time the AMDATI combo will have a clear edge if ATI can maintain and even extend the graphical tech advantage they seem to posess now.

Seeing that Gpu is more important to games then Cpu's I would( and have ) choose AMDATI but the question to this topic is what would You choose?

It's at AMD.com at the investors section click on webcast at the bottom of the section. There are some agreements that you accept before you listen to it too.

I choose exactly what I have :)

I still do not think I have maxed out this CPU. If I wasn't so damned lazy I could break the 3k line.

And it isn't that I dislike Intel or hate them or anything, just that AMD is so damned suited for me, has treated me so well and never had a need to search alternatives in another company. Same goes for nVidia, I am an ATI man through and through and have never had the hardships many speak of (not to say those reports are not true).

boo

Oh, and the difference in Intel today and when AMD releases their quads in slot. You're stuck without upgrading to another mobo with duo on Intel side, while with AM2 you can consider yourself good on mobo for a wee bit longer and still experience the lastest and greatest in CPU's. Laptops with quad cores and the same efficiency as Core2Duo would rock.

boo

hi boo masters -- i just noticed your Sig and you have the same memory as i do - how did you get your memory stable at 270 x11 ??

do you use a divider ? i want to get it a shot at passing my Max OC ocnce i get my WC done in a new TT amor full case -

but i wasnt able to get my Ram past 253 x11 -- even with 2.8 v

you got a nice speed there -

but though they are willing to make a R600 board for intel it seems none of the vendors are picking up the chipset for the intel chipset therefore it is probly safe to say that there will be no duel card support for ATi on any Intel board from R600 on.

really?

i wonder what this Intel RD600 Lanparty is that I see then...(maybe it isn't real!)

I like Intel w/ NVIDIA or ATI

Intel seems to be winning battles with their new conroe.

Its all in preference, and research mainly

im prolly ognna stick with amd, just iv had 2 comps with them, and they all beat the intel ones, first was a amd athlon xp, and now the 3500+, good chips. nvidia, i have the 6800gt, and i payed around $240 canadian back in april, (i was a noob) but like all the ati cards beat it in stats HUGE, and my friends x1800xl, completely rapes my card, i cant play company of heros on high, on medium, and he can play it on high :(:(

You know there is not real way to see how it will all play out in the end Intel will try to winback the monopoly they had with nearly everyone fighting them. Ati will continue to sell cards to whoever but might try to pust the CPU to the side line. They could do it to or just make a combined board with multiple sockets for GPU and CPU that could be insane. That wasnt possible before DDR4 but things could take off soon. If that is the path things are going to Intel could be up a creek......

In the short term Intel is not in nearly a good of a position as some people think. AMD is going to continue to sell all the CPU's they can make no matter how cheap the Conroes go.

really?

i wonder what this Intel RD600 Lanparty is that I see then...(maybe it isn't real!)

:eek2: I read an article that said that no vendors were picking up the chipset, that is why I posted here. Do you know if anyone else is picking up the job for the Intel board? And how long is Intel going to let AMD/ATI make boards for them?

I'm no authority, but DFI is the only company supporting the rd600 chipset. I saw that Angry said he was looking at one, THAT IS SO GREAT. People have been saying that the board is coming out in two weeks since August, and this time it might actually be true. I was going the AMD route w/ an upgrade to AMD/ATI Lanparty next year w/ an r600, but an Intel e6600 w/ rd600 Lanparty is going to rock right now (still want an r600 next year). This is my first build and i have no experience w/ memory dividers, and thanks to this new chipset, I won't need it.