How bad are these rails?

Mr. Jules

I know that I need to get a different power supply if I want to take my oc any further but was curious about how good or bad my current ps rails look. Take a look at the screenshot and rate these 1-10.... 10 being "rock solid" and 1 being "absolutely horrific". I'd appreciate the input thx ahead of time.:tooth:

(this is after a 20 min game of BF2142, so it's load without any ocing)

mbm.jpg

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You should check the rails with a DMM to read the real voltages.

Most definetly. Software cannot be trusted.

You can test them like this:

Linkage

According to those readings though, they are within -/+ 5% which is acceptable.

I will have to see if I can find the time after this weekend to test with a DMM. The ps has treated me well but I know that it's not on the recommended list and probably for good reason. Do you think that something like a OCZ GameXStream 600w or 500w Powerstream with more solid rails would do much in terms of improving my overclock or is that a bad assumption to make?

I have a 600W GamerXtreme and I am happy with it. Good stable voltage, and nice cabling. THe only thing I would change if I could is, I really like the new removable cables. (not sure what it is called, but you can plug only the cables you need into the power supply). Would keep the case a little neater. But the power is great.:)

As fare as I know OCZ started shipping out the next generation of modular GameXtream PSU´s (do not remember if they changed the name). There was a thread from Tony on xtremesystems.org (Hardware->PSU section).

Gipse