Obsessed With Monitoring Speed?

i was wondering this, well the way i have my fans setup and they are older fans i dont have the option of the speed monitoring 3rd wire. but i dont miss it! why are people always going wayyyy out of their way to hook up the little yellow wire?

i dont see the practicality, can you not see when a fan stops spinning? if you cant tell put a peice of tape on a blade and save yourself the trouble of buying all those 3 to 4 pin adapters!

Its used to know how fast the fans are going and how cool the cpu is.. and you can determain the RPMS to Celc..

So you know how much airflow you need for a certain degree in the computer..

PLus.. you can lower the speed.. and make the fans quiter... so there not so annoying sometimes

The biggest reason for me is security. My BIOS will shutdown the PC immediately if it detects that the CPU Fan has stopped.

The AMD will burn out in less than a minute without a FAN to cool it. Burning out it self and maybe even the MB.

I often leave the computer on for days at a time and alone. I would hate to come back and find it burned to a cinder.

And Since over the years I have had FANs go bad(They don't last forever) Its nice to know that the PC can take care of itself.

my 2 cents.