Vigor Gaming Monsoon II (754, 939, AM2, LGA775) TEC cooling!

Angry_Games

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

have been wanting to get away from the stupid crappy stock cooler that came with my x2 3800...i have been wanting to get into water cooling, but i dont want to spend that kind of money right now just to get a little power boost...im currently running 2.6 and my temps stay below 50c....think that im gonna order this friday and see what happens when i can add some more vlts to this thing..dont want to add any more right now because of cooling..nothing but good has come from going with a DFI board....im using el-cheapo ram and im drunk and just going on and on....but put me down for 1 as soon as i get back to work monday as i dont have an egg account, but my boss does...l8tr

have been wanting to get away from the stupid crappy stock cooler that came with my x2 3800...i have been wanting to get into water cooling, but i dont want to spend that kind of money right now just to get a little power boost...im currently running 2.6 and my temps stay below 50c....think that im gonna order this friday and see what happens when i can add some more vlts to this thing..dont want to add any more right now because of cooling..nothing but good has come from going with a DFI board....im using el-cheapo ram and im drunk and just going on and on....but put me down for 1 as soon as i get back to work monday as i dont have an egg account, but my boss does...l8tr

Well, my Opty170 will be in tommorrow and the Vigor not until Tuesday. So I will slap the CPU in with my XP-90 and see what I get and the same with the Vigor as well. I will post them Wed or Thur.

Ooh, but how 50w pelt can *pump* more than 100w heat from dualcores, if pelt are not even 100% efficiency. So it needs atleast 150w pelt to cool 100w heat from dualcore isn't so?

P.S Location added.

I don't have a clue because I am not an engineer, and the whole TEC theory or whatever befuddles me mostly.

however, I have one of these Monsoon TEC units...and it pushed my X2 4800+ AM2 (2400Mhz stock) to 3120Mhz OCDB stable (go look for yourself), while temps never hit higher than 41C during full dual-prime load.

so the answer is...I don't know about wattage nor really too well how TEC units work other than using voltage to make one plate hot and one plate cold (and the wattage pumped into it determines just how cold it gets?)...but I do know that that Monsoon II TEC unit is waaaay more than capable of dropping a 3Ghz bomb onto any AMD64/X2 cpu.

The unit just isn't all that great for Core2Duo's. Pretty damn awesome for AMD64/X2's though.

Ooh, but how 50w pelt can *pump* more than 100w heat from dualcores, if pelt are not even 100% efficiency. So it needs atleast 150w pelt to cool 100w heat from dualcore isn't so?

P.S Location added.

I do believe the TDP of the X2 processors is around 60-70w. I haven't been able to find the TEC rating of the vigor.

But the 100w you use is the thermal rating not what a device is going to have to dissipate during load. Atleast that is my understanding of it. And he gave you a benchmark on it as did Oldguy. I will have a Air to Vigor comparison on it later this week.

I do believe the TDP of the X2 processors is around 60-70w. I haven't been able to find the TEC rating of the vigor.

But the 100w you use is the thermal rating not what a device is going to have to dissipate during load. Atleast that is my understanding of it. And he gave you a benchmark on it as did Oldguy. I will have a Air to Vigor comparison on it later this week.

the TEC rating of the Vigor is 50w, 60w maximum according to Steven @ Vigor (the guy who has posted in this thread from Vigor Gaming)

Yes, i know you have clocked your cpu that high, and with soo good idle temps, but i still don't believe. Im not an engineer at all, i just belong to tec guru's.

http://xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=38367

A 40watt TEC cooling a modern processor generating 60-watts of heat.

Delta T = -34C (negative 34C). That’s an INCREASE in temperature on the cold side, so the processor would have been warmer than before! Using an under powered TEC can destroy the processor. Cooking your CPU with your TEC is NOT a good thing, avoid this common mistake.