Vigor Gaming Monsoon II (754, 939, AM2, LGA775) TEC cooling!

Angry_Games

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i can open mine right now.......... :) (Canadian joke...y'get it, eh?)

but wow, 25C on full load.... wtf... my baby big typhoon can hold idle at that temps when the ambient is about 25-27... but full load it hits 36ish....

No no no...that's the ambient room temperature...look at the temps in everest screenshot. 62c at full load, hitting as high as 65c. This is actually not bad for a Conroe at 3.6ghz and 1.55v...

EDIT: I edited the first post to avoid confusion...sorry for the mini chubby fest ;)

well I did think thats what i seen in the pic. what was the temps with the sl120 ?

None of my Connies have seen air (till now I guess) so I couldn't tell ya :) The load temps are similar to my Freezone though. I don't think this 6700 will go as high as my 6600 but I'm gonna goose it a bit. I'll keep ya'll up to date...I left it at 365X10 1.575v this morning...might check on it over the lunch hour if I have time.

EDIT: I will pop my 6600 in the Infinity and do a side by at same voltage/FSB frequency over the weekend...I can drop the multi on the P5B so they will be damn near identical.

OldGuy

What do you think is limiting the maximum temperature drop under load? The TEC unit itself or the heatsink at its limit of dissipating the heat being generated by the TEC.

OldGuy

What do you think is limiting the maximum temperature drop under load? The TEC unit itself or the heatsink at its limit of dissipating the heat being generated by the TEC.

Keep in mind I got her up and running and didn't get to tinker too much...but, the heatsink itself feels pretty damned cool and the exhaust is pretty damned warm. So I think the heatsink/fan are doing their jobs.

Couldn't believe how quiet this thing is... Had to turn off my other rig sitting next to it just to confirm what I couldn't hear :P Even at full rpm it's barely noticeable. You can hear it but nowhere near what I'm used to so that's a nice little bonus...

I don't even have one yet and am already thinking about modifications. But if the TEC itself is already at its limit there's not much that can be done. If the heatsink is what's limiting it (not removing the heat fast enough from the top of the TEC) then I have a plan.

I don't even have one yet and am already thinking about modifications. But if the TEC itself is already at its limit there's not much that can be done. If the heatsink is what's limiting it (not removing the heat fast enough from the top of the TEC) then I have a plan.

Keep in mind this is with the case open and realisticly no other airflow around it to feed it. I'm going to load up the inner fan door on the 830 with three 120's tonight and see what that does for it...

I'm sure it will do a great job on AMD64's...Conroes with similar voltage just plain run hotter than the AMD's. With 1.64v and 3ghz on my Opty 146 the load temps never went over 43c with my Freezone. I expect this thing would be pretty close...