Chipset fan noisy

My Evercool VC-RE chipset cooler has been noisy on startup since the install:sad:. I wonder if this is going to be the norm of what we can expect of Chinese manufacturing quality?

From personal experience this hasn't been the norm with the Evercool VC-RE's. I've used three of them to date and all have been pleasantly quiet - even running at full throttle. Maybe you just got a step-child out of a bad manufacturing lot. Try another. They are pretty inexpensive (at least here stateside).

From personal experience this hasn't been the norm with the Evercool VC-RE's. I've used three of them to date and all have been pleasantly quiet - even running at full throttle. Maybe you just got a step-child out of a bad manufacturing lot. Try another. They are pretty inexpensive (at least here stateside).

I had to order my Evercool VC-RE online from the UK and with shipping costs it was not inexpensive. From what you say, I must have gotten a bad egg. I am considering switching to H2O cooling anyway so I will wait a few weeks and make a decision. I stopped my overclocking when I reached 2.5GHZ stable with good temps and have left it there.

you have got to be careful because if you have a long gfx like my 6800gs there is not much clearence cos it will interfear with the components on the end of the card. also how do you get the thing off if you want to replace it i want a water cooler on it

Remove the motherboard from the case. The chipset fan is held on by two plastic push pins. On the back side of the motherboard squeeze the little arrow shaped feet on the tips of the push pins closed. Then guide the push pin out towards the front side of the motherboard. Gently twist the chipset fan back and forth a little bit to free up the thermal paste. Gently pull up and off. Clean up the remain gook on the NF3 chipset using 90% Rubbing Alcohol or Rosinol Lighter Fluid. You're done.