Maximum overclock on air - Infinity 975X

aurora

What is the maximum fsb this board clocks to ? It looks a bit average ! I am considering to buy this board for my conroe 6600 if DFI continue to lag behind the release of rd600 !!

I don't think it's DFI with the RD600. I'd guess it's ATI holding it back. They need to have the thing tweaked to perfection to go up against the Intel chipsets. And that's hopefully the reason it's taking a while to come out.

People seem to be getting 350-390ish stable fsb speeds. Which is ummm... I forgot the multi on the E6600...

Im running at 360x9 on air 24/7, specs in sig. Could prob go higher, but i'm in a very warm house. Temps hit 64' on each core max load. Gonna lap ihs at weekend as its very slightly curved.

What heatsink are you using? I was going to try and get 3.2GHz on a Thermalright SI-120, but seeing Happy_Games read 75C full load with that at 3.2, its slightly discouraging. :(

I'll see what I can do though... he said his ambient temps were a little warm (78ish?), and my ambient is about 65F.

I'm priming right now at 412mhz...was at 8hrs when I left for work this morning. Tinkered around with 423mhz and 428mhz as well...choked at 434mhz but I think it would have done it with a tad more voltage...all of this is not on air though :) I wouldn't bother with the stock HSF at all. Either a Thermalright or Zalman should get you up to 3ghz and possibly beyond depending on your ambient temp...

Multi on the E6600 is X9 Wintersfury...

What heatsink are you using? I was going to try and get 3.2GHz on a Thermalright SI-120, but seeing Happy_Games read 75C full load with that at 3.2, its slightly discouraging. :(

I'll see what I can do though... he said his ambient temps were a little warm (78ish?), and my ambient is about 65F.

I'm using Zalman cooler in sig, hear great things bout the Arctic freezer pro & sythe ninja but you gotta get a good 120mm fan.

I'm using Zalman cooler in sig, hear great things bout the Arctic freezer pro & sythe ninja but you gotta get a good 120mm fan.

Im going to have the Si-120 sometime tomorrow hopefully with a 60CFm Themaltake fan.

It doesn't have the new digital pwm system if that's what you mean. You'll have to wait for the LanParty if you want that.

I think hes talking about the dielectric inside the capacitors... sometimes its an oil, the other times its a solid... whatever it is, it has to be non-conductive. I dont know about the caps on the Infinity 975X/G... I just know what youre talking about.

I don't believe all caps are solid state.

I think you can easily expect 3.2 Ghz on an E6600 on air on this board, granted if you're on air you aren't gonna do any better than that on any other board either.

Also keep in mind this board is somewhat 'tighter' than most others, meaning that at the same settings you're getting a bit more performance. Obviously not much, and it's only really related to the ram, which unfortunately is somewhat limited in it's overclocking ability because of it.

Hell, 3.2 on this board with air is a piece of cake... it'll probably be hot enough to cook a cake, but you can do it. I was at 3.15GHz on the stock cooler, with decent idle temps of mid 40's until our AC decided not to work for a day, so Im back to 3.06.

Hopefully I can do 24/7 at 3.2 with the SI-120 with decent temps... :rolleyes::)