XFX + eVGA SLI.... good idea? bad idea?

Redbeaver

As u can see on the sig, i have an eVGA 7900GT KO SC that runs beautifully after a little voltmod... on Infineon memory nonetheless....

now apparently, according to eVGA, the KO SC is being discontinued (that litlle *&(H#%^$*!!!), so i now must need to look at other options....

and hence i found an XFX Extreme Edition 7900GT with Samsung that DOES NOT Artifact...........

questions:

1. i put this, see how high it clocks, run it in pair wit the evga...

2. i put this, flash it to KO SC BIOS, clock the same, run it in pair....

3. i DO NOT put this, i wait for somebody to sell an eVGA KO SC in ebay or wherever...

answers: ____ (fill the blank) ;)

thank u

Well you can mix and match different manufacturers, it's been done and it does work.... I don't know if flashing to the eVGA BIOS would actually work but if it did, that would be the best way of doing things.

Don't think you're going to lose any performance by mixing and matching, down to you in the end :)

Providing the cards have the same bios version just set at different default clock speeds they will run in sli only will post the slower cards clock speed as default. Then when you overclock them the slower card will limit your clock speed.