DFI INFINITY NF ULTRAII-M2 __ Media Test Failure

Only half an hour ago I booted up my new computer for the first time, it worked (fans and what not, yay)

I was a few steps in an realised it might not be a good idea to have my new Razer mouse in as it may require drivers to work and I havn't even tested it out...

So I saved the current bios confiuration and while it was loading/saving everything up I noticed something.

"PXE-E61: Media Test Failure, check cable"

What exactly does this meen and how do I fix it?

It it possibly related to not having an audio cables for my dvd drives?

____

_______

When the computer was turned on again it didn't give me any more bios options, and I'm pretty sure there were a few more.

It said to stick something in the drive so I did - Windows...

Windows is about 40% done as I write this...

Is it a problem not everything was configured? Everything seems to be working so far anyhow.

And is the on-board audio something that automaticaly plays or do I need to enable it some how?

Hi

A google search seems to suggest that it may be the hard drive not being recognised somewhere in the boot sequence.

Try double checking that, 2am and I am at work so trying to remember exactly where in the BIOS is a bit diificult at the moment lol

you may want to try loading BIOS defualts as well as see if that helps at all.

I'm almost postive the failure is a result of me not having an audio cable which is weird assuming many told me I wouldn't need such a thing.

There is also no sounds (besides the beeps of the motherboard speakers) so I'm even more certain of it.

It can't be anything to do with the hard drive, can it?

The thing reconized 300+ gb when installing windows xp.

yeah, i'm also preety sure that the PXE error has something to do with the "Network Boot Agent" the last time i experienced this error it was a real classy lady to get the pc working again, cuz the Master Boot Record got deleted somehow.

Hi

The latest series of motherboards including the DFI Venus did not need an audio cable from the CD-ROm / DVD-ROM drive as the sound was carried via the IDE cable and even though I am using a Soundblaster Extremusic card it still picks up the sound via the M/B

This is the reason behind me doubting that the "PXE-E61: Media Test Failure, check cable"

has anything to do with the sound cables or lack of it, you can enable the on-board sound card which I seem to recall is on the screen just before the memory timings screen.

I would look to do a CMOS clear for 30 mins, load optimised defaults and see what happens.

As the pc is booting up hit the delete button a fews times before windows loads up and this should get you into bios. Once there enabled your onboard audio, save exit and enter into windows. Windows will say its detected a new piece of hardware. Use the disk that came with the board and inevitably load the driver. Reboot and you should have sound.