My 3700 Sandy is Overheating Crazy..

red930

Sorry to bother everybody again, but I have another problem. After dling Everest I noticed that my CPU temp was at 60+C. It's not overclocked, it's at stock, and I thought that it was jacked. Does anybody have another program to monitor it (besides SpeedFan)? If it's really 60C stock all, then I need to reseat the heatsink/lap it or just buy a new one.

Or it could be my proc is concave. It would explain why my 100mhz oc locked up the compy and made me have to reset the jumpers. Note that when I feel the heatsink it's not blazing hot, it's just lukewarm.

Thx.

BIOS I always thought was wrong, maybe it's right..

MB5? Could you give me a link please?

Right now running Prime95, it's been about 3 minutes, temp is at 75C. Destroying the proc. Apparently for the last 7 months I've been running this thing 60 nonstop at IDLE. Ridiculous. Don't know how I was that stupid. Makes me worried to think about what it was when I was gaming nonstop for like 10 hours. After I killed Prime idling at 61C. Definitely taking out proc and hs tomorrow and lapping the hs.

Thx for your quick replies all!

I used Everest Ultimate.. got annoyed by the popup telling me to buy the retail version.. it would come up every like 2 minutes

I dled the Home Edition.. they report the same thing so I'm happy (not about the temperature)

Stock heatsink isn't always that great.. lol my 950mhz Duron oced to 1.4ghz would always reach 60C at one point in time and then crash and burn. Then I stopped using it as a Linux server. lol

That temp is really bad. I have your same CPU, i am using the stock HSF and just now the CPU temp according to MBM5 is 33-35º C at idle. It's the last day of the summer here, I don't know how high is the temp in the PC's room exactly because i have no way to measure it, but probably higher than 25º C. By the way i am not OCing and i have the Cool 'n' Quiet feature enabled.