Downloads keep coming up as Corrupt

I dont know what it is....my downloads keep getting corrupted if i download through a webserver.

Ex. Download.com - limewire...cannot install because its corrupt

Kaspersky anti-v - corrupt...please download again

Edonkey/emule - just fine

Im going nuts......everything I download through a webserver is corrupt. This just happened today.

Im using the NV ethernet jack, not the marvel

Using Nforce 6.86 drivers

Have you changed any settings at all? I find that if my rig is unstable (overclocks too high etc), then it does that. Try increasing CPU voltage by 0.025v...might fix it...still - strange that it just started doing it.

You didn't feed 3.6v into that patriot ram at any stage, did you?

a. make sure your memtest stable

b. <- probably the problem, just uninstall the nvidia chipset drivers, use driver cleaner pro, reinstall them, AND DONT! install the nv FireWall/active protection bla bla (if you have it, thats your problem.)

That's only happened to me when I had RAM problems.

Have you run memtest overnight?

Ah yes, that is precisely the problem I had when my RAM was unstable at high overclocks. Check that first.

AND DONT! install the nv FireWall/active protection bla bla (if you have it, thats your problem.)

Yup, this has also given headaches in the past - check it out.

Unlikely that it is a virus...but don't rule out any possibility until you have thoroughly tested to find out. Only other thing I can think of is Hard Drive corruption - which may be occurring if your harddrive is going on the blink...of course, this would probably only be the case if everything that was on that harddrive was getting corrupted too...in that case try out AutoNuke (make sure you unplug all other harddrives first) - as this does a "low level" format - writes full 0's to your harddrive.

NOTE: ONLY DO THE ABOVE IF LOTS OF STUFF IS CORRUPTING, AND IF NONE OF THE OTHER ADVICE WORKS. ALL DATA LOST USING AUTONUKE IS IRRECOVERABLE!

:) hope this helps

a. make sure your memtest stable

b. <- probably the problem, just uninstall the nvidia chipset drivers, use driver cleaner pro, reinstall them, AND DONT! install the nv FireWall/active protection bla bla (if you have it, thats your problem.)

This was precisely It!!!!

I did some searching on the net, came across another forum where the guy turned off his Nvidia Active Armour firewall and just used the windows firewall and voiala! No more corruption.

Weird huh? You would think Nvidia would have fixed that by now.....:rolleyes: