60.000 memtest errors? :D

One more time single stick of memory will only work in slots #1 (usally best) 2 stick in 1&2 will be single channel. For dual channel memory in slot #2& #4 usally best or in slot #1& #3 or memory in all slots.

One more time single stick of memory will only work in slots #1 (usally best) 2 stick in 1&2 will be single channel. For dual channel memory in slot #2& #4 usally best or in slot #1& #3 or memory in all slots.

Well, THAT is the problem, as i wrote before!

Slot 1 & 2 doesnt work with none of the sticks, only slot that works is 3! Tried all slots with both single sticks and dual..

Hello,

I think you have the slot arrangement mixed up.

slot 1 = top yellow

slot 2 = top orange

slot 3 = bottom orange (near cpu and will not work on its own)

slot 4 = bottom yellow (even closer to cpu and will not work on its own)

From what you have said, everything seems normal.

EDIT lowboy stole my post ;)

wait a minute... when I was reading through the memtest page I remember it saying something about how sometimes it reads that there is more memory than there really is... so all of the extra memory it trys fails and one way to figure out if that's whats happening is you will get a rediculous number of errors. Correct me if i'm wrong, but it might be that your memory is completley fine.

I am often asked about the reliability of errors reported by Mestest86. In the vast majority of cases errors reported by the test are valid. There are some systems that cause Memtest86 to be confused about the size of memory and it will try to test non-existent memory. This will cause a large number of consecutive addresses to be reported as bad and generally there will be many bits in error. If you have a relatively small number of failing addresses and only one or two bits in error you can be certain that the errors are valid. Also intermittent errors are without exception valid.

I found the place in the memtest site.

I understand that, I'm just saying from my experience, it only happens if you change the mapping mode. I'm sure it's the opposite in other systems; they need to be changed from default to work properly. I haven't had to do that yet, not even when Memtesting on a 386 :P.

Read the manual gee.. the slot furthest from the cpu is #1(yellow)next on down is #2(orange) next is #3(yellow) the slot nearest cpu is #4(orange).Most memory like the orange slots.

lol then there we have it, on Msi slot 1 is closet to cpu, och dfi closest is slot 4, then why didnt u guys say that in the beginning? :D