Watercooling My PC-V2000 *Complete with pictures*

I don't feel having it like that would work well...external air is gonna be cooler than any air in the lower compartment.

You could lay it across the bottom though. The only reason I didn't do that was because I like the hard drive cages where they are.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice, nice. Getting better every day.

Nice desk too by the way, although I think it's actually just the DFI LP and GameXstream that I am admiring.

Thanks! :)

I don't feel having it like that would work well...external air is gonna be cooler than any air in the lower compartment.

You could lay it across the bottom though. The only reason I didn't do that was because I like the hard drive cages where they are.

I've heard this go back and fourth, but what's better: sucking the air over the radiator or pushing it?

I think I may leave it be at the top. Ergonomically, it makes the most sense.

And by laying it across the bottom, what do you mean? Drilling fan holes and doing it that way?

I think I may leave it be at the top. Ergonomically, it makes the most sense.

You gonna have it inside the case or outside (like mine)? I really wanted it inside but at the time the Stealth wasn't available, and the BIX3 just wouldn't fit. Plus that fans woulda been external and i didn't really care for that idea. I kinda wish the case was about an inch and half taller....woulda been perfect.

As for sucking or blowing, I believe 2 out of 3 people at XS voted for sucking being better (huh...that sounds kinda odd). Anyways, thats the way I did it since it was the only way I could have the fans on the inside of the case (without blowing hot air over the radiator...).

Guest Blooz1

OK, here's a tip:

Get your edge trim from McMaster.com, NOT FrozenCPU! You'll see a search box on the left side of the page. Enter "rubber edge trim", it'll take you to Page 3586. Halfway down the page, there's a bunch of different shapes available. Most people use "shape 12".

Look in the chart for P/N 8510K11 - it's $.23/foot in partial rolls (vs $1.50/ft at Frozen!) or $.19 for 100 foot rolls. The only real difference is that this doesn't have adhesive on the inside, but you really don't need it anyways!

BTW - Here's the lengths you'll need for various sized holes:

120MM - 14.5"

92MM - 11.25"

80MM - 9.5"

This place is a "modder's paradise" if you look around - they are huge, and VERY efficient - the "NewEgg" of industrial supply houses!

I initially wanted the radiator to go in the lower compartment but it seems as though it would be hard to access with a hole saw:

radprep058.jpg

If I can somehow figure out how to do that, then I will, but I need to talk to the guys at the metal working shop for their opinion.

Can the fan holes be cut or drilled from the outside of the case so that the rad can be mounted on the inside floor of the case?

This has the beginnings of a very secksi rig. That case with water cooling will be so beautiful, it won't matter what kinda internals you've got! (well it will, but you know):rolleyes: .

I'm getting antsy!

MORE MORE MORE!!!

:P

This has the beginnings of a very secksi rig. That case with water cooling will be so beautiful, it won't matter what kinda internals you've got! (well it will, but you know):rolleyes: .

I'm getting antsy!

MORE MORE MORE!!!

:P

Thank you! You may have to be patient though... because I'm still ordering a couple hundred dollars of things from Frozen CPU... heh :)

Ooooh, snazzy. I like it.

Looking good so far, bro. Did you decide what you are doing with the radiator, is it staying where it is, or are you still tinking of moving it into the lower chamber?