Overclocking my 3800+ x2

bleach

Well sitting in front of me is my old opteron 146 which clocked to 3.0 ghz on air with a minor voltage bump. Popped in my brand spanking new 3800+ x2 and installed all the x2 optimizer drivers etc etc. Stepping is LDBFE 0612UPDW and I hadnt researched it or anything. So yeah not expecting much I overclocked it to 2.5ghz and its rock solid at that on stock volts. What did annoy me was the fact that my single core opteron smokes my x2 in ALL the games i tested it on. Sure I get higher 3dmark scores but like who cares. I am seriously considering putting my opteron back in. What I do notice is multitasking is pretty awesome. So atm im just weiging the pro's and con's of this x2 3800+. When will games start utilizing both cores???

i had my 3800 X2 runing at 260cpu and 237ram. 2:1.83 ratio. all game ran smooth and fast. i was getting into bf2 games before other people. i would load a new map and be playing with no one on the map yet. i had cpu volts on 1.4 and ram at 2.7.

as for using both cores. you can but don't need to. hit alt+ctrl and delete. under processes tab right click on the application and go to i think it is set affiliation not sure on my single core at work and check both cores boxes.