create a ringtone?

cull

EDIT: I signed up to vzwpix.com and then emailed myslef ([email protected](xxxxxxxxxphonenumber)) and added it as an attachment. Well it is in my sounds but I cant get it as a ring tone so please help

Hey guys, I cant connect my phone to my PC so that option for uplaoding is out. I have verizon wireless and I have already edited a song down to 27 seconds and 600KB it is in wav. So now how do I get it on to my phone and installerd? :S

600kb might be too big for the phone to handle, I've kept mine to 300kb per ringtone, and it's worked fine (email through vzwpix). My phone's an mp3 phone, so I compressed the wav's to mp3 and then changed the extension to .mid (I don't think they can send mp3's as an attachment)

I just bought a bluetooth adapter that plugs into a usb port for 9bucks on ebay. I edited (with some freeware)the song I wanted, sized it, and uploaded it from my desktop to my phone. Easy as pie. But you do have to have a bluetooth phone. It took a while to get it to work with Windoze XP, but I know you can figure it out as well, you own a DFI! Whats cool is I uploaded some pictures of the wife and I to use as a background and I can get all those pics and videos off my phone and not have to pay for minutes to do it! Well worth the 9 bucks!

Check out www.mobile17.com I've used it twice so far and works great, does mp3s real good. It gets sent as a text message attachement, so depending on your plan, thats how you get charged. For my Verizon family plan, it gets charged as a picture message, so something like 25 or 50 cents I think. Just gotta check to make sure your service provider/phone is on the list. I did it about 4 months ago, and again a few weeks ago. No annoying spam text messages or anything, none to my email either, so they're definitly worth checking out

does your phone has an extention card ?(micro sd...sd...memory stick ..etc.

if theres a usb wire from your phone to the modem.. did you install the drivers?

you should proberly install EVERYTHING that popped out when you put the disk in.. and remember if it stopped half way ..theres a 'pop up' by windows.. asking you to stop or continue installation..