Senior Project Ideas

Guest Trios

Well, I decided to do my HS Senior Project on "The Art of Overclocking," and would like any input that you guys could give me.

What I'm looking for is perhaps a bit of an overview (don't do my work for me, but maybe an outline or something) of the precise steps required to properly overclock a newer PC.

Any help you can give me is appreciated. Thanks!

Trios

heres some help for you.

j/k

Man you chose an interesting senior project. Are you talking like your senior paper, or some type of science project? I'm confused at what senior project means. I thought senior papers were suppose to be about something controversial, but hey, times change.

Edited by andrusk

We actually have a class called Senior Seminar where the entire point to the class is to do a big, long, well-thought-out senior project. Of course, there IS more to it than that (we talk about current events and do little assignments), but the class was created for a large senior project.

I don't know if other teachers only allow controversial issues, but I think our teachers agrees with us that its total bullcrap and just lets us do whatever topic we want, as long as it fulfills the length requirements, and as long as it isn't something that we already know everything about (would be no reason for research then). I thought overclocking would be an excellent topic, as there is about as many ways to do it and as many different things to overclock as there are smilies available on the Internet.

I was hoping I could get a couple people's opinions on the best ways to OC (FSB, Multi, video, RAM, voltages, etc etc), as different people do things differently and I want to reflect that in the paper.

Trios

Well.. you may get different peoples wording on how to OC, but there is really only 2 ways to do it. Increase the FSB or increases the multiplier. And only one of those methods can be used for Intel.

Aside from that, go slow, and watch the temps.

The FAQ, Overclocking Forum, and google have all the information on Overclocking that you could need.

ha! our school doesnt have senior projects...

I have digital photo (mainly photoshop), poetry gen, and economics

at my school and the rest of the day I kick back until comp repair where

I ussually sleep unless my teacher has a comp for me to fix or somethin...

thursdays I have poetry in the mornin and then I have like 4 hours

of nothing then comp repair....

this class is required but what does it count towards???

social studies credit???

in my old highschool, here on long island, senior projects were part of "English", but then after i left, i think they made it its own course to make it required for every senior. I think it's just one of those stupid requirements to graduate, not any credits towards a particular area of study.