Hot Sapphire X1900XT

jelly

well im pretty sure that will help u, if u are using "ati tool" u should lower ur memory volts too, u dont really need that high for run at stock speeds or underclocked.

But anyways this is a weird case.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to ask, are you sure the fan is running at 100%? If the two-slot solution is like many other ATI's, the fan could be locked at around 10-20%. You should hear the fan quite clearly unless it is locked. For instance, while gaming, the exhaust fan should sound like it does when you first hit your power button and the fan spins full bore until it picks up a temperature reading.

My 850XT and many other of the x1k series run VERY hot unless the fan is unlocked and scaled to speed up as temperature increases.

Install ATI Tool and see what's up under fan settings.

I would RMA first, then if you recieve the same model card that has same temperature behavior, then I'd add aftermarket cooling.

Also, have you taken off the cooler to see if the thermal paste is adequate, and maybe even removing it and putting some Arctic Silver on there?

I am using ati tool to set my fan speed at 100% at 80c. Thats how I know its at 100%. Plus I can here it run that fast. Thats why I have the sound card! :D I did not take the heat sink off, I did not want to void my warranty.

Dude either the sensor on your video card is faulty or you need to stop drinking big time. How in the world can that video card hit 107c, you have any idea what that is in fahrenheit? Yeah, try 224 bro! I would suggest that you immediety take out that video card, then the cooler and see what the &*^( is going on with it!!!! Add more thermal if you have to, clean it like mad first though. Good Luck!

Note: Never take my comments serious, it's all a joke.

You need to find another source since that person that told you this has no idea. Just take off some screws and you're done. Why don't you look around the video card to see what you need to do. Make sure you wear an Anti-Static wrist band dude....

Ill give it a go! How do I want to put the as5 on, Do I spread it over the gpu and ram, or do I put a drop on each and stick the heat sink on?

i would put a tiny drop on each and then stick the heatsink on & make sure you dont put to much on since AS5 is conductive and you dont want any squeezing off the chip and onto the PCB when you put the heatsink back on