Hot Sapphire X1900XT

jelly

I dont know if my x1900 temps are ok or not. It idles 57c and at full load 107c. :eek: That just seems to hot to me. I have the stock cooler on it, and no overclock. The card run great beside the temps. I DO NOT want to do anything to the card that will void the warranty. When I know why the temps are that high and can get them down, I would then like to overclock the card. Any Ideas? I dont want to kill my card!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Will temps that high kill my card. I have hear the the x1900 run hot, but I did not think that they got this hot! If I take my heatsink off and put some as5 on it void my warranty?

Will temps that high kill my card. I have hear the the x1900 run hot, but I did not think that they got this hot!

Well i hear many people in the 90s but not the 100s, and if u are using ur fan at 100% then something is very wrong thats crazy high.

I just read some threads on other forums and yeah some people got like 80-90 when they are using the fan only at 50-60% (because of the noise)

U dont have any other problem with temps? like ur mobo or ur cpu ?

I dont think is going to kill ur card, but not sure about the performance and the life lenght

My cpu is 33c idle 45c full load. My mb is 50c load. Sould I be looking at RMAing my card. I have sent two e-mails to sapphire a week ago, but I have not got anything back from them.

yea I did take the side off, and my temps went up by 3c! I do have good air flow in my case. I do have a 80mm fan that blows air on the card.