GameXstream 700 solved boot-up woes

So back when i had my Xclio 450 watt it would often occur that when i went to boot up my machine or restart it, it would boot through the DFI Lanparty screen then often times just hang at a black screen with a small ' _ ' blinking in the upper left; I'd have to just hit the restart button to get into windows following the initial hang.....

Well, i looked at my components and realized that maybe that psu just wasnt cutting it so i headed on over to Monarch Computers and ordered the 700watt GameXstream and i'm extremely happy and overjoyed to have it and see that it's fixed, at the very least, that annoying system hang upon boot. Just wanted to share this little success story with everyone else :) and reiterate to everyone from personal experience.....DFI's NEED MINIMUM 480 watts lol It will solve the little annoying junk

Ukel

welcomeani.gif

To DFI-Street

Good to go. Enjoy the power there is nothing like a good quality PSU with all the power connectors plugged. It makes all the difference in the world for stability and overclocking.

Hi All

Just fitted my new OCZ 700 Gamextreme.Running fine although 3.3v seems a bit low on 3.18v.However here's the problem.On my old power supply I had 3 molex/floppy lines.I had one with the floppy connector plugged into the floppy connector on the SLI-DR motherboard(with nothing else on the line).Another ran the molex on the board(with again nothing else on the line) and the last powered the dvd drives and all the fans.The OCZ only has 2 molex lines.So I am wondering If it is advisable to run say the floppy to the motherboard with the fans on the same line and then the Molex to the motherboard with the dvd drives on the same line.Failing that if its not to good a move then I could get some sata power adapters to change the sata power to molex then use the spare sata line to run the dvd drives and fans.Any thoughts anyone.TIA for any help

Smiffy