S-ATA II possible on expert???

I am looking for some new hard drives to form a raid configuration. My question is: "Is it possible to connect S-ATAII disks to the expert mobo?, and could you inform me on which drives are extremely recommended for these setups, and maybe more important the no-go drives as well?

Thank you

I am looking for some new hard drives to form a raid configuration. My question is: "Is it possible to connect S-ATAII disks to the expert mobo?, and could you inform me on which drives are extremely recommended for these setups, and maybe more important the no-go drives as well?

Thank you

From my recent experience, I would have to say going with Seagate Barracuda 320Gb Perpendicular 16mb cache SATA II drives would be my pick. Best value for money in NZ at least. I believe Hitachi drives are also quite popular though.

Connect them to the nF4 SATA ports on your expert, should be no worries - my SLI-DR handles them without a fuss. Don't forget to pull off the SATA I limiting jumper before you do so, cos with that off, these drives fly.

They also have a 5yr warranty, so you can't go wrong. Did I mention that they are relatively quiet? (Although louder and a little hotter than my 250gb Seagates).

Transfer time of a 700mb file from one drive to the other was 10seconds, while it was around 20-25seconds from an ATA100 drive to one. (8mb cache, 120gb Barracuda 7200.7)

The nVidia controlled sata ports (1-4) are SATA II compliant. The Sil 3114 ports (5-8) are SATA I compliant.

As far as the best HDD's to go with, WD Raptors if you have the money. Otherwise, Seagate, or Western Digital will work just fine.