NV Silencer 5 rev. 3 - is it SLI compatible on a Lanparty Expert board

Can anyone tell me if I have two 7800GT's from evga and put the NV Silencer on both of them if I could still have enough room to run them in a SLI config on my DFI Lanparty UT Expert board?

Also if this isnt possible do you have any recommendations on some aftermarket coolers that would enable this and lower temps?

No problems at all. Had a pair of 7800GTs with these coolers installed, just to see if they would fit - which they did. They currently reside in an Asus a8n-sli premium with similar spacing dimensions.

I would recommend the Accelero's though. Same temps and much quieter.

I actually have one of each of these coolers on an SLI machine, and my experience has been different than yours. The Accelero is slightly quieter (not that the Silencer is noisy in the first place), but the temps are HIGHER on the Accelero. They both have AS5, and the Accelero even has the bottom slot of the SLI configuration (more breathing room) - but it still runs 3-4 degrees hotter when idling, or under load. When I had the Accelero in the top spot in the SLI configuration - we were talking 9-10 degrees hotter. This is a MM Twice 7 cube, that has the mobo side window busted out (don't ask - LOL), so airflow isn't the issue.

Food for thought on my experience...

meh, even if the temps aren't as good, thats a moot point. These cards are designed to run hot. Whether you can get 40C w/ the Silencer and 50C w/ the Accelero, thats still way below the danger point.

The accelero is basically noiseless. You can *barely* hear it even when you put your ear up to it.

It all depends what you think is important. I would pick the Accelero because even a 10C increase isn't dangerous, and plus most Accelero's I've worked with got same temps or 1 to 2 degrees worse.

However, your case is extremely rare. Most everyone I know (with the exception of you) have gotten similar or the same temps with the coolers. I dunno though, he could create a poll to find out the opinions of DFI-Street.

As a matter of fact, I'll do that...

However, your case is extremely rare. Most everyone I know (with the exception of you) have gotten similar or the same temps with the coolers. I dunno though, he could create a poll to find out the opinions of DFI-Street.

As a matter of fact, I'll do that...

Who knows, maybe I got the turd in the punchbowl :P

I would have to agree about the nv silencer being loud. Its the strangest thing. It cools very well but theres some kind of turbulance with the fan and the bottom of my case. It makes this whiney kind of noise thats so annoying when I paly games. Like I said great temsp but not silent. When I put my hand between the bottom of the case and the silencer it gets extremely quiet but then I take my hand awya and theres that noise again. Dan