How Much Fluid

So how much fluid do you have in your water cooled system??? And What fluid do you run?

I am also interested in the capacity of radiators, since they act as reservoirs and would hold over 90% of the loops water. This way I know how much stuff to either buy or make.

Thanks Guys,

Metal

10-12 oz. maybe? I took off the rez out of the loop months back and got better temps. I use a DD filler port or somethin' and the only standing liquid is whats left on the fill hose. I use distilled water, used it with a colored additive before but its just eye candy IMO. I even added a gpu block to the loop and still pretty much cooled the same, bit of temp increase on the rad.

it depends on the size of the tubing, how many waterblocks, how big the radiator, and how long are all the tubes. Also if you are using a reservoir or not.

Cooling just the cpu, using 1/2" and 3/8" tubing... my system is using something like 0.600 liters (600 ml). I was suprised, even when I was cooling two 6800GT, on how little fluid the watercooling takes... back then it was just a little less than 1 liter.

I have a 1 gallon jug that i use to hold my liquid,

I've filled 2 loops with and and it just above 1/2 full right now. so in 2 loops about 12-14ft of 7/16" tubing, 3x120 total rad size, 4 blocks, 2 T lines 1 measuring 18" the other 10", I've used just less than 1/2 gallon of a water/pentosin mix.

Thanks for the info. I am just trying to do research before i plunge into water cooling. I have been able to find out almost everything i wanted to know, except capacity for the loop. I know that I left the question kinda open ended, but as usual, the guys here are more than willing to go the extra mile and fill in the grey areas.

Thanks Guys,

Metal