XP installation problems

My rig is:

Athlon 64 X2 3800+(2Ghz);

DFI lanParty nF4 Ultra-D (wtih latest BIOs);

PQI 512Mb 400Mhz;

GF 7800 GT(400/1000Mhz);

Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty FPS;

Seagate 80Gb U-Ata 100.

Some days before I have purchased Samsung HD160JJ(SataII/7200rpm/8Mb), Today I decided to install Windows into it.

When XP is inspecting my hardware, PC simply restarts. Please help me to solve this problem.

Thanks in advance.

DID you take out the IDE drive, is the bios seeing the SATA drive? Can you see the drive when you run the IDE drive and look to see if the SATA is in device manager? What bios are you using? Try takeing out everything but bare bones, Just, PSU, CPU, 1Ram, The SATA drive and video card, then try. I was running fine with the IDE, right?

DID you take out the IDE drive, is the bios seeing the SATA drive? Can you see the drive when you run the IDE drive and look to see if the SATA is in device manager? What bios are you using? Try takeing out everything but bare bones, Just, PSU, CPU, 1Ram, The SATA drive and video card, then try. I was running fine with the IDE, right?

Yes, I have took IDE drive out and motherboard recognizes Samsung HD160JJ.

BIOS version is 04/06/06.

This IDE drive is from my old PC, so have never before tried to install Windows on hdd using Ultra-D motherboard.

I'll try to take out my sound card...

My rig is:

Athlon 64 X2 3800+(2Ghz);

DFI lanParty nF4 Ultra-D (wtih latest BIOs);

PQI 512Mb 400Mhz;

GF 7800 GT(400/1000Mhz);

Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty FPS;

Seagate 80Gb U-Ata 100.

Some days before I have purchased Samsung HD160JJ(SataII/7200rpm/8Mb), Today I decided to install Windows into it.

When XP is inspecting my hardware, PC simply restarts. Please help me to solve this problem.

Thanks in advance.

This might well be related to your RAM - either misconfigured or has errors.

Use ONLY 1 DIMM, in the orange slot closest to the edge of the board.

First, enter the BIOS and at the base of the GENIE menu, enable MEMTEST. This will continue to run, every time you reboot until you go back into the BIOS and disable.

You need to run several complete passes of all of the tests with no errors.

Then, swap modules, still in the first orange slot, and run MEMTEST, several complete runs on the other DIMM.

If you have no errors, the RAM has no hardware fault at that (I am assuming you are still at default) setting. If there are errors, try loosening the timings.

Then in order to be able to install XP, you need to get your RAM settings right. I recommend copying a complete set from one of RGone's guides. Then tweak until you can get windows to install and not crash/BSOD.

Save to CMOS reloaded :)

Now you are windows stable, and can tweak to your liking from here.

If you complete five full passes of MemTest and come back error free but still can't get the OS to load . . .

Double check to make sure that the appropriate SATA controllers are enabled. They can be found in your BIOS and are labeled SATA 1&2 and SATA 3&4.

Disable any unused IDE controllers and make sure that all RAID settings are disabled. Swap out your SATA cable with a new one, just in case the one you're using now is faulty. SATA cables are pretty fragile and it's not unusual for them to be faulty, especially the oem yellow ones that come with the DFI board.

As a last and final step visit here;

http://product.samsung.com/cgi-bin/nabc/te...c_hdd_hutil.jsp

and use the Samsung utility for checking disk health and perform a low level format of the drive.

After you've completed this step, make sure to set your boot order as follows;

first boot device - cdrom

second boot device - disable

third boot device - disable

After you have successfully installed windows you can go back and reorder your boot sequence to;

first boot device - hard drive

second boot device - cd rom

third boot device - disable or removable

Also, make sure that you don't have any USB devices connected during your windows installation.

Yes, definitely create a sig or you may find yourself on a short vacation from the forum complements of one of the mods or admins.

If you've haven't already done so please read all of the forum rules and create a sig using the USER CP as per the instructions in the forum rules.

Cheers.

Yes, definitely create a sig or you may find yourself on a short vacation from the forum complements of one of the mods or admins.

If you've haven't already done so please read all of the forum rules and create a sig using the USER CP as per the instructions in the forum rules.

Cheers.

Welcome to the "Street".

Please follow the above suggestions. It will make it easier for us to help you!

It appears from your last post that your memory is not playing nice with your DFI board. So, my suggestion would be to follow the guides and update your memory if necessary.

If you haven't read the following guide, it will help tremendously:

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20832

You should follow it closely.

I take off my memory and put friend's 256Mb 333Mhz module, run Memtest86+ and it didn't find any errors. But problem still remains. PC restarts during hardware inspection...