DFI INFINITY 975X at newegg

why are all conroe ready boards so expensive :(

btw, isn't Infinity version usually chpear than Lanparty?

does this mean conroe ready lanparty will cost... $300?

Probably. Price gouging is really bad for Conroe boards ATM.

$250 for what I would consider a midrange board is a little more than price gouging. Every company has been doing that for awhile now. Every time they come out with a new board they get a premium for it. They don't drop the price on the board that moved to second place, just raise the price 20 bux or so. It's opened the door for the smaller companies to make a profit by being able to get a good price for a lower end board. That enables them to actually produce a better product by not having to design boards in the $50 - $75 dollar range. I had a chance to play with a JetWay 939GT4-SLI-G last month for a week and I must say for 79.99 it is a very impressive board.

I picked up an Intel 975XBX Ver. 304 because I was able to get my hands on it for 1/2 the price of the Infinity. I figure it will hold me over until better boards hit the market, who knows it may turn out to be a monster after a couple of bios revisions.

Heres some oc results..

It won't post with mem. @533 and 400FSB bios 0707.

Open multis only work with 6800XE stepping 4 / Rev. BO.

Retail 6800XE Rev. B2 probly needs another bios update.

With mem. @400 no problem at all.

No mods on board yet.

Single stage cooling.

Boot up @ 412FSB no problem...

size.jpg

Vcore set @ 1.66V in bios...1.63V load..Good voltage stability:)

size.jpg

I will strap it with cascade next.....more Mhz and more cooling

I think you will actually stop whatever you are doing and go read the rules because it won't be pretty if I come back and find you've blatanty ignored the rules in a 3rd post and posted images that are too large.