will 4 gigs of am run at 400mhrz in DC

i have been reading the online manual for the cfx3200 and im kinda confused about the dual channle ram setting. will 4x 1gig sticks of the same type and make of ram operate at 400 in dual channle or does it auto clock it to 333 when all ram slots are occupied with 1 gig sticks..

depends on the strength of the cpu's memory controller more than anything

most of hte time you can run 4x512MB and 4x1GB @ DDR400 with a 2T command rate (CPC = Disabled in teh DRAM Config)

sometimes the cpu's memory controller won't be able to handle it and will drop down to DDR333 @ 2T

there's really no performance loss or gain with 4GB nor with 2T nor running DDR333 vs DDR400

it is the cpu's Mhz that is the most important

thanx. will i crashed my computer for the first time last night. lol. i had my ram at 2-3-2-8 @2.7v and my fsb at 215. my ram hated that and said hell no im not gonna work fofr free. and went on strike. so i had to clear my cmos. then i tryed [email protected] and fsb was 225. it passed memtest86 but failed on 3dmark05. it restarted my pc. so i tryed [email protected] and fsb at 225 and 3dmark went well with 11202 marks and 46.7fps on proxycon. then i noticed some lag with it and then i put it to [email protected] and fsb at 220 and got 11114 on 3dmark05 with 46.2 fps on proxycon. so far 8 3dmark tests and im doin fine. thats with no ram dividers.. just a 1:1 ratio. i cant go to much higher due to my room temp is almost 100 degreesF because of no AC. but my dad and i put in the swamp cooler and now my room is like 76-80. is it possible to get 235 for fsb on a stock HSF or a after market HSF for my cpu and then clock my ram to 196mhrz @ [email protected]. tell what u think. thanx man. i owe you one.

is it possible to get 235 for fsb on a stock HSF or a after market HSF for my cpu and then clock my ram to 196mhrz @ [email protected]. tell what u think. thanx man. i owe you one.

well...I assume you mean putting the RAM on a divider

as for the stock heatsink...I hear the X2/dual core opteron stock sinks are actually quite good, but I only use aftermarket coolers for overclocking myself (Thermalright XP-90/XP-120 or DangerDen watercooling)

you should be able to get some overclock out of the stock cooler, but there comes a point you'll start to feel the heat and will want to move on to a better cooler