Everest Ultimate 3.50.909 Released (New Beta) 2/21/2007

soundx98

Everest used to crash on an allmost stock ver of winpe.

I have't tested that in a while though.

I agree with HG on the point where it's not the greatest monitoring prog.

I myself prefer speedfan, the reason being is because you can directly compare against others because you cannot modify the voltage algo's and stuff like that.

As for sandra.

I don't trust that bench because I've seen oddities of p4 systems.

While everest was accurate in that respect.

Crossplatform wise I believe everest is more accurate, when it comes to therotical bandwith.

I got my hands on the ultimate edition btw, I have'nt compared it agaisnt the corp ver yet though.

There's no adding the benches into the corp ver anyways :.

There's a few oddities in everest but hey.

The spd for example is'nt read correctly.

The ram speed is'nt rated correctly after pc5000.

That's not the main issue with it though, it's the feature set, that's not correct at all in everest anymore.

Not a biggy though.

I can check for crashing in a moment...

I'll brb.

Edit:

Jeez, been getting phone calls every 2 mins for the last few days...

Anyways no crashing in winpe anymore on my end, allmost stock winpe too.

Thats' cool.

However it gets the os name wrong, it thinks my pe build is winxp pro x64, when it's actually win2k3 pro x32.

That kinda sucks but hey, it does'nt crash anymore so.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it was'nt really a crash, on my end anyways, it was allways a hardlock.

I never had the prob in an installed ver of windows.

Just ones that ran off a cd or dvd.

Because I'm to lazy to mod the crap out of them right now to get more working, everest would work, but it hardlocked the system for no reason after a little while.

I'v never seen a crash or hardlock in an installed windows, unless my system was unstable, then I've seen it exit by it's self, or report 0m per sec or 0ns latency for benches.

Oh seen bsod's too, same diffrence though.

Hardware issue on that.

never had Everest crash on me on any rig using any version either

like I said...my point is this:

Everest is to be used to compare machines to each other that have benched using the SAME VERSION of everest

it isn't intended to be a monitoring program but it does have monitoring capabilities...but that is NOT what the program is for, nor what it was intended for.

It is to be used as a system ident tool and a benchmark/compare tool more than anything.

Any program like Everest that tries to do a little of everything will of course get a few things incorrect.

The thing to keep in mind is that it is what the majority of us use to compare systems (though now we all have to re-run them for 3.00)

The things Everest does on the system resources/identification and memory testing and benchmarking side, seem to be very accurate and good.

I really like having all the version #'s, licenses and system information easily accessible, in one place.

I haven't really checked out the system stability testing that much yet, but I will.

One thing I'm curious about though. It monitors gpu1 diode and gpu2 diodes, and I'm assuming it's measuring the temps of both cores, or could it be it's reading one sensor for the cores and gpu2 diode is picking up ambient temp off another sensor, like my 6600gt did. They're much better now that they have fixed the mis-labeled sensors on the nf4-sli mb's, and motherboard and bios identifiers are much improved. I think it's a very good program in meeting it's primary aim. Possibly the best.

I don't care about the rest, but I sure wish it would display chipset temps, so I could get rid of one more startup program.

ExRoadie, I know ;), it's ok.

Tuthfully I'm happy that it's not crashing anymore, it could come in handy while adding to that os ;), like sandra can "somewhat"....

The bugs I dn mind really.

There's not that many I think.

Everest is my fav benching/system info program :).

Something that has helped me lots in the past for example, the DisplayMonitor section.

It'll show the real hardware ID's and stuff for your monitor.

Well whatever is reported by the actual monitor.

Very handy though.

Very handy in hardware identification in general.

As for the stability tests.

There might be a use for them, but truthfully, don't expect them do do much of anything.

Like sandra's burn in tests, about useless.

It just repeats it's own benches.

Anyways for those that have used sandra and liked it, try out everest.

You may like it much better.

I think it's better then sandra in all aspects except for hardrive infos.

For example the scsi info in sandra is good, the bit width specifically.

The smart info in everest is much better.

Generally everest is much better.

Oh yeah, and I'm liking the all in one cache/mem bench util :).

All in one screeny, that's nice.

I've downloaded the v3 trial arleady, and it looks great.

I intend to buy the key tonight (through the DFI link, of course), but I do have one question.

Is it considered to be OK to load and use the "purchased" version on more than one PC as long as I only use one at a time, AND all are really mine and in my house?

I don't want to rip anyone off, but can't afford to buy one for each and every PC I own - esp. since they seem to be constantly "morphing" (the CPU, mobo, drives, memory, everything just seems to float from one case to another). :)

Is it considered to be OK to load and use the "purchased" version on more than one PC as long as I only use one at a time, AND all are really mine and in my house?

i dont see why not

I install games, benchmarks like 3dmark, windows OS's, etc like this

(ie: installed on one machine at a time, tested, then wiped the drives and installed to a new machine/config)

i dont see why not

I install games, benchmarks like 3dmark, windows OS's, etc like this

(ie: installed on one machine at a time, tested, then wiped the drives and installed to a new machine/config)

Thanks, Happy

That's a load off!

Only the EULA can grant permission so see what it says.

Once upon a time, Microsoft allowed you to install applications like Word on two machines as long as they couldn't be used at the same time(one office, one home).

With the current state of Product Activation I'm not sure how that works anymore.

With the current state of Product Activation I'm not sure how that works anymore.

Well, with Microsoft - it dosen't! :sad:

But not every software publisher is that extreem - many just wanting to be paid by the user and not having copies handed out to everyone you can find in the phone book.

And, of course, none of them wants some slimy cretin to sell the product their hard work.