Everest Ultimate 3.50.909 Released (New Beta) 2/21/2007

soundx98

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

untitleddfw9.jpg

what is the difference between cpu & cpu core 1/2 ?

ExRoadie: as you see the cores are 10degrees above the cpu ? which one should watch if its overheating or not ?

are the temperatures of the cores high ?

ExRoadie: as you see the cores are 10degrees above the cpu ? which one should watch if its overheating or not ?

are the temperatures of the cores high ?

Ah, I see now.

I tend to look at the Core temps since those are diodes actually on the processor. The CPU temp is a diode in the package but not on the Cores.

Looking at your temps and the CPU fan speed, I'd say the temps are accurate. I would test some different cooling to see if they drop. Remove the side panel and things like that.

You might want to remove the HSF and reapply the thermal paste just to make sure you've got good contact.

On my single Core rigs, the Core is 4 to 6 degrees C cooler than the CPU indicator at idle. On my Dual Core rigs, the Cores are 2 to 6 degrees cooler than the CPU indicator at idle.

Also, the Dual Core rigs rarely show the two cores with the same exact temp unless they've been running at 100% for a while. I guess it's heat-soak.

can one of you check your version of everest. I downloaded 3.1 and installed it with my license but evertime i run it, it comes up as version 3.0.600 which i dont believe to be correct.

i m currently @ stock heatsink & paste

-currently deciding if getting a SCYTHE NINJA (this week)

or wait more ( about end of summer) and maybe getting watercooling.

any suggestions?

NuLL: mine is version 3.01.652

@NuLL, you are correct. I spoke with Happy about this last night.

Seems to be some type of glitch on their end and I emailed Everest support.

1st DL i got 3.01.652, second and third time 3.00.630 (I was using 3.00.645 at the time).

I was using FireFox 1.504 and DLing to desktop (Vista, x64 Edition, and XP Pro)

Hopefully we'll hear from them today but I imagine it is a dodgy DL link on the TRIAL.