What to get in place of 2x7900GTX

boggy

no way ati kills any nvdia @ high res u would know :) like sli 7900 gtx worked like . didnt o/c at all and over all could not play @ 1920/1200 for . had to run @ 1600/1200 to be @ playable rates with cf 1900 xts o/ced @ 732/881 it works every thing maxed @ 1920/1200 like 100+ fps not 60 also higher AA/Af and the Iq Diffs in amazing in my opion but if you love to rma cards stick with nvidia or go to its evil brother that works better for same price also ati chipsets are so much nicer for o/cing so ati all the way :)

7900GTX SLI / X1900XT Crossfire is a different story -there we're talking almost $1000 worth of video cards whereas the GX2 is coming in at under $600. Increased power consumption, the fact that it takes up two PCIe slots and the fact that the GX2 is quieter than either of them as well makes it almost stupid to buy an X1900XT/7900GTX right now. Wait for more refined drivers and the GX2 will only get better -I ain't no fanboy but the GX2 is a bargain if you ask me -and you've always got the option for quad-sli if you need it (24"/30" LCDs).

That said, any new $600+ purchase right now is a bit worrisome -with G80 coming in a couple of months.

They don't use punctuation where you at momomo? ;)

The only reason I have an SLI is Dell screen. Nided more power to feed this monster. I picked pair of Asus cards (non factory OC just plain) no problems at all. I have read many threads where people had too much troubles with these OCd cards.

EDIT: Err my sig gone:|