x1900 crossfire / memory problems

Guest Lavell

With the power supply U currently have, U will not B able 2 run 2 Radeon X1900s in Crossfire mode. Those cards take a lot of juice from the power supply. As a result, by the ATI website, the Enermax Liberty 620W power supply is not certified 2 run X1900s in Crossfire mode. Here's the website if U want 2 look yourself.

http://www.ati.com/technology/crossfire/buildyourown2.html

Well,

I'm about to venture into the world of crossfire then. Any suggestions on card brands....I love Asus graphics and was going to start there but would take in consideration just about anything.

Also, I want to upgrade my memory to 2GB instead of 1GB....any suggestions there for a good set of overclockers? I was looking at DFI's reccomendations but always look to the seasoned users for better tested solutions.

Some help or suggestions on system similar FSB clocking would be nice too! I run the AMD64 athlon X2 4200.

thanks all,

AMD64 X2 +4200

DFI Lanparty UT RDX200 CF-DR

Cosair DDR 400 2x512mb @ 433mhz 3-3-3-7

enermax liberty 620w PSU

WD Raptor 74GB HD (2)

ATI x1900 all in wonder

lite-on DVD-RW

Lacie 500GB EXternal HD

50" Samsung DLP monitor

Thermaltake Saprano MIDATX case

Logitech nivivo blutooth wireless system

Enermax libery 620w ok for dual card, single cpu @ stock...not approved, but it will owrk. Just forget overclocking.

No need to overclock 2 x1900's yet anyways....I think I'll try it and see what happens.

Thansk all, Sammy

With the power supply U currently have, U will not B able 2 run 2 Radeon X1900s in Crossfire mode. Those cards take a lot of juice from the power supply. As a result, by the ATI website, the Enermax Liberty 620W power supply is not certified 2 run X1900s in Crossfire mode. Here's the website if U want 2 look yourself.

http://www.ati.com/technology/crossfire/buildyourown2.html

well my psu is on the recommended list .. how come everyone is telling me i need a new psu? like i said before I understand how psu's work for the most part and looking the specs of the rails of the the antec neohe, and actualy testing it for myself, it seems like the amps is going to all the right places and steadily for a 550 psu i think its more than well rounded. Im still going to buy a new psu but most of the psus out that clam to be 600 watts or over do not have solid rails and have alot of problems. though i do admit the ocz gx 700 watt psu that happy_games is using looks to be pretty good.

i think im probably getting lower performance more because of my cpu and my ram. When i look at everyone elses set up they have overclocking ram or a dual core cpu.. I think my psu is fine for right now because lookin at cadaveca's setup, i wouldnt think that the thermaltake purepower 680w would get both x1900's enough power. It only gives 15 amps on the 12v rails as apossed to the 18 amps mine gives. Even though its 680 watts the amps seems to be going to all the wrong places. Either way i would at least think that i would get a big performance increase after buying another 500 video card. Hopefully crossfire will get fixed soon in drivers.

Its annoying when i get low frame rates in games that should run perfectly like call of duty 2, or titan quest.