Best/Most Stable PSU for DFI LP NFII B.

FLD

Hi all, I am looking to upgrade my PSU to something better. My PSU in the 2nd machine in my sig is on the way out. So I am looking for a good PSU to replace it.

Since I have not been following the PC technology for some time, I find that many PSUs do not have the -5 and -12V rails anymore as they are not needed in the newer generation mobos; my previous Enermax Noisetaker 600W and my Silverston ST75ZFare for examples.

In fact, I have TT 480W and 560W Purepower PSUs, but I am not sure they are good enough because I bought them from a friend's shop when I was not much knowledgeable.

So, I would like to ask you guys which brand and model would be good and reliable while providing what the LP NFII B wants.

Thank you very much.

I've been a fan of the Enermax brand of psus ever since I got my first 431w unit about 6 years ago. They were rated well back then and alot of enthusiasts still use them today. Currently, I have a Noisetaker 485w unit and it serves me well. If I were to get another, I would look into the newer Noisetaker II series.

IMHO, the absolute best are arguably the power supplies from PC Power and Cooling. They have a price to match too!

--Fernando

I would say read and get a PSU that is in this link; Recommended! - NF4 Ultra/SLI Mobos:PowerSupplies. While these are recommended for nF4 motherboards they work fine with all other DFI motherboards.

In my nFII LP-B rig I use a OCZ 520W. Some people will say this is overkill. My thinking on this is. I will have room to upgrade. In my opinion this is a good economical choice for only a few dollars more.

Thanks all.

Can I ask how neccssary the -5 and -12 rails are? What are they for? And why those new PSUs don't have them anymore?

I just found out today that the 480W TT Purepower PSU that I bought about 2 years ago and am using it as a temporary solution for my dying Enermax, is supplying 1.1X V on the -5V rail???? Is it bad?