RAM slot corrosion?

I'm sure you've tried this, but I didn't see it mentioned anywhere. Does the new kit of RAM work fine by itself in the non-corroded pair of slots? Is it MemTest stable?

Both sets seem to be memtest stable, for one pass atleast. I even tried swapping sticks between pairs. PairA Stick1 with PairB Stick1 ect, and one "set" passed and one didn't. I was going to test all 4 sticks together but in different slots when I noticed the crap in the slot...

I have also tried each "set" in both slots and can pass memtest. It is just all 4 at the same time that gets errors. O... I am also memtesting at 250 1:1 if that matters to anyone. :) I only started memtest because of the Oblivion crashes. Oblivion only crashes after a long run, and hour or 2+... Then it might crash a few times in a row, I will reboot and it's good to go for another hour or so.

I hate to say it but I usually don't test for stability... I have decided I am more of a gamer than an overclocker... A gamer with an CverClocking Disorder... OCD... :rolleyes: I makeum joke. :D

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic