games stutter plz help

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you speaking of your paging file size? If so 3000mb is a pretty good chunk of hard disk space, but hey, if your stuttering is gone I'd leave well enough alone and get back to gaming.

You still should run MemTest overnight though just to confirm the stability of those mismatched RAM modules.

No, you don't need to reinstall Windows since it was a fresh install to begin with. The only thing that would change my mind about that recommendation would be if you run MemTest and find memory errors. That would indicate that you installed Windows with an unstable system, and that can cause all sorts of heartache.

considering the fact that it took you 20 hours to format a hard drive - ...why not suspect that the hard drive is your problem !? - maybe a jumper on it (if pata) is set to some wierd setting that allows it to operate at a different rpm (!? ...is there such a thing !?) - or maybe the hard drive is just well fd up - also if you using pata, use highest quality cables (ata133) and make sure that when you right click on my computer - go to properties - hardware - device manager - and when you go to ide ata/atapi controllers section - click on each item and go to properties.....make sure the highest transfer mode is also selected (like ultra dma....)