The C19 BIOS

I figured I'd give the new C19 beta BIOS a try, though I've been happier with the 602 than any other BIOS so far. I'm not sure if it's the BIOS or the fact I bought a new case and rebuilt the whole system, but since last Saturday, I've been getting random machine_check_exception stop errors and total system lockups, even random POST failures.

I can't get my RAM to go past 245 on the C19 so far, and it was fine at 271 before.

Probably gonna switch back to the 602 again, but wondering if anyone has had any positive experience with the C19.

Does it the suck? Did I screw it all up somehow? Is there a option that makes it suck by default?

Hi,

I have tried on four separate ocassions to run the C19 bios, but had to abort because it would not boot windows. Variously worded blue screens always intervened.

I am now back on 711, which runs rock solid and totally reliable.

I wanted to have the C19, because I wanted to upgrade to the X2 4800+ CPU (or better).

Please post whether you have managed to run the C19 bios reliably, and how you did it.

roystont5038

roystont5038

I went back to the 602, no problems. I tried every single RAM setting, knowing quite well how my RAM likes to be configured, and there was nothing that would get it stable on the C19. 602 back in, no problems of any sort, high clocks and not a single bluescreen.

C19 was a bad BIOS for me, that is my final answer.