nvidia nforce network controller

it was working fine then suddenly it stopped working. it keeps on stelling me network cable is unplugged. i've isolated all the parts like router and cable. seems to be the network controller that's the problem. i've enabled marvell that seems to be working fine(using internet on that comp right now). any ideas? or did it just crap out on me... :(

Guest caffeinejunkie

Control Panel --> System --> Hardware --> Device Manager

The under Network Adapters right click properties the nforce. Now go advanced then set speed/duplex setting and set the value to Force 100 Full Duplex.

This sometimes works to "wake up" the nic if it stops working

Guest Kobalt

You may want to reenter a MAC address for the Nvidia NIC in the BIOS, and see if that helps.

You may want to reenter a MAC address for the Nvidia NIC in the BIOS, and see if that helps.

tried that. i'm afraid it's hardware problem...i guess i'm gonna be stuck using marvell. i've searched the forum about this topic(seems like it happens to the mass) read and tried just about all of em. i don't feel like going through rma hassels unless they both go out on me i guess. o well

this might be a dumb noob question but wat does dual gigabit lan do? i tried searchin but no adequate answer found. i'm guessin it's like hyperthreading lan connections?

Guest Kobalt

Dual gigabit means that both ports support speeds up to 1000Mbps. VERY useful for lans. Too bad most cable providers don't offer anywhere near that.