power connectors

Devon

hi guys i just wanted to find out. my mobo has 2 power connectors the molex and mini molex plugs. ime currently only using 1 of them (molex) my pc is running fine and i done all my overclocks with it. am i supposed to use both power plugs??? will it make a difference. ie can overclock maybe a bit more???

You SHOULD use all of them, but there are a number of people that don't use the floppy-style connector near the pci-E slot. It's designed for those who use Sli to give more stability...but its unlikely you would get more of an overclock.

as u can c i have a perspex case so ime trying to keep the cables as low as i can. which means i dont really want to use it but if i must i will. u say i SHOULD. if i dont can it cause a problem???

as u can c i have a perspex case so ime trying to keep the cables as low as i can. which means i dont really want to use it but if i must i will. u say i SHOULD. if i dont can it cause a problem???

Well if DFI felt there needed to be extra power, don't you think it'd be a good idea to procide it?

Keep in mind while many users try to make their computer less cluttered and 'pretty', that ALWAYS needs to take a backseat to performance in itself.

I don't know if it will casue a problem, but if DFI gives me 7 molex connectors on their latest board, I'll be damn sure to provide every one of them with power.

DFI motherboards need the extra power for stability.

Check your DFI Motherboards manual page 61.

Required Power Connectors For; NF4 LanParty D/SLI Non-Expert Motherboards

All four power connectors should be plugged into the motherboard. These are;

24-pin main power connector

4-pin 12v secondary connector or EPS

4-pin 5v/12v molex connection or HDD-type

4-pin 5v/12v floppy connection or FDD-type