7900 gtx

I've had about 2 out of 10 7900 gtx's that were good. The others had to have the ram severely downclocked to 450 or 500 mhz. in order to be stable. Is it possible that I am damaging these cards? Here is a list of all the hardware that I use. I have had failures using different combinations of all of the hardware listed here.

AMD 3700+ San Diego for Single Card or AMD X2-4800 Toledo for SLI both tested rigoriously with Prime 95. 24 Plus hrs.

DFI Lanparty NF4 SLI-DR

ABIT Fatal1ty AN8-SLI

OCZ Powerstream 520W for single card only. Tested with Multimeter, in service.

PC Power and Cooling Quad SLI 1KW for SLI, Obviously. Tested with Multimeter, in service.

OCZ PC3200 Plat. Rev. 2 TCC5 2 x 512 mb. or OCZ PC4800 Plat. EE TCCD 2 x 512 mb. ram tested with memtest rigoriously.

1 Hitachi SATA 160 G. HD and 1 Plextor SATA DVD Burner.

Samsung 20.1 in. Syncmaster 204B LCD Monitor

I just find it hard to believe that I had so many failures. EVGA seems to think it's me. I have used coolbits on a few of the failed cards using the detect optimal settings feature. Some of the cards were just at factory 650/800 settings.

Thanks Guys!

--EJM

Hmm

2 of of 10 were OK and the rest 'suspect' normally anyone would have to question themselves given the poor success rate. However, given the poor ratings for the 7900 cards in general I would have to suspect that you are NOT at fault.

Any card that you purchase should be able to run 24/7 at stock speeds until the day that the card finally dies which should be quite a while, obviously using coolbits makes this a bit more difficult BUT I would have to say that the cards are of a much poorer quality than we have ever seen before and must also have to ask the question ....why ??

Enermax 620W Liberty PSU

Have you been using this power supply the whole time? It may very well be they don't get enough power to function properly, meaning you need to downclock them so they aren't so power-intensive.

By the way, you've tried each card by itself right?