Finally I Got This Opteron 146 To Run 3ghz Im Chuffed!!!

Hi guys, well finally after tweaking and tweaking I finally got this CAB2E stable @ 3002mhz  , I only tweaked voltages though.

First I tried running it at 3ghz with 2.83v on Vdimm and 1.55v core… well that was stable for 42 mins in prime, then I thought I would undervolt my memory so I set it 2.7v at same core voltage and it was prime stable 50mins yay 8 mins more, then I thought increase vdimm to 2.93v and give cpu 0.02v more so 1.57v, OMG OMG its stable been running prime for 4 hours, please some games, did a couple of 3dmark 05.06 loops and no problems at all, im soo happy!! I can finally join the prestigious 3ghz club, max load temp was 45c so temps are all good 

Guest caffeinejunkie

Welcome to the club :drool:

and those temps are fine

you know dfi-street should have a 3ghz club

I know its been suggested before but that would be sweet like the toaster sigs

OMG OMG its stable been running prime for 4 hours, please some games, did a couple of 3dmark 05.06 loops and no problems at all, im soo happy!!

Congratulations on 3.0. But 4 hours Prime doesn't make it stable. I can run 3100 all day long without problems but can't do 8+ hours of Prime. Get it in the OCDB then you will know it's stable.

hard, i rekon ther should be an 3ghz club and out avartar should have some little 3ghz logo or somthing, i rekon that would be cool, i think you should start a poll or something asking wether you want a 3ghz club or not, i rekon then more lazy people will try and clock theris cpu's to make it into this club, a good idea me thinks :)

yea, i know i know, i havent had time to prime it yet, but i played 10 hours staright on Need for speed underground with fully maxed out settings, also ren 3dmarks around 10 times each.... and played bf2 for around 4 hours, normally it would of frozen by then from previous expirences at trying to run at 3000mhz :)... gonna prime it soon for a long time :)

At one time 3.0+ recognition would have been a good idea. But now it isn't that difficult to achieve. The 939 will be around for awhile but with AM2 available these processors are basically EOL.

You did it mate! Another kiwi 3GHz member! I know it isn't much of a difference between 3.0GHz or 2.9GHz (or even 2.8GHz for that matter) in terms of real life performance but it's a great feeling to break past that barrier.

The thing about toaster sigs for the nf2 was that it was a rewarded effort getting to that point, nowadays it's not that hard to get a setup that can do 3GHz. Not that it's "easy" either, but I reckon it's a damn sight easier on nf4 than nf2!

Maybe we can look at OCDB sigs instead? Aren't they the new toasters? (An ocdb toaster mayhaps?)

I think there should be a 300+HT club, 3.0 with a 146 is the same as 2.7 with a 144 and 3.3 with a 148. :)

No it's not, 2.7 on a 144 is relatively easy, 3.0 on a 146 is getting harder, 3.3 on a 148 is nigh impossible on air (or even water).